BMW E36 316i chip tuning problem

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

bp3566bx

BMW E36 316i chip tuning problem

Post by bp3566bx »

Hello,i am a young mechanic from Romania,who is crazy about cars,i know mechanic,but when it comes engine management system,i am a begginer.Since all the guys from garage have Honda v tec turbo,1.6,and i am the only one with a bmw 1.6 engine...they make all kinds of jokes....:) i can t say nothing because a honda engine stock aspirated develop 160 hp and turbocharged on STOCK engine,at 0.7 bar,with a custom ecu map produce 270hp on dyno,and my bmw e36 316i m43/chain timing/ produce 102hp..it is normal to laugh....so i decided...WAR..and Turbocharging.
So ,the first step was to understant how to manage with ecu,because the mechanic part is simple for me,i have all i need to turbo,but i need a management and i can t make a lot of work and then i wake up that it runs badly,so i ve decided to start with chip tuning,i have buyed a eprom sst 27sf512,copied my stock(only bin file)eprom and burn it with moates burn eprom programer,installed on my ecu,it cranks but won t start.
so..i am blocked
what it is wrong?
the guys from garage have craig moates ostrich 2.0 emulator and burn2 programmer flas and burn,and they said that it is ok to use their tools ,so my question is
what kind of eprom do i need and what are the steps to copy my stock eprom and burn on a new one and start the car,because after that i will burn a tuned bin,and learn on aspirated to tune with emulator,and after that turbo and remap live.
so
what kind of eprom my ecu have?
i have ews,do i need to take it out and bridge that two thick wires to enable the starter. please help me with my project and thanks
mexanico

Re: BMW E36 316i chip tuning problem

Post by mexanico »

bp3566bx wrote:Hello,i am a young mechanic from Romania,who is crazy about cars,i know mechanic,but when it comes engine management system,i am a begginer.Since all the guys from garage have Honda v tec turbo,1.6,and i am the only one with a bmw 1.6 engine...they make all kinds of jokes....:) i can t say nothing because a honda engine stock aspirated develop 160 hp and turbocharged on STOCK engine,at 0.7 bar,with a custom ecu map produce 270hp on dyno,and my bmw e36 316i m43/chain timing/ produce 102hp..it is normal to laugh....so i decided...WAR..and Turbocharging.
So ,the first step was to understant how to manage with ecu,because the mechanic part is simple for me,i have all i need to turbo,but i need a management and i can t make a lot of work and then i wake up that it runs badly,so i ve decided to start with chip tuning,i have buyed a eprom sst 27sf512,copied my stock(only bin file)eprom and burn it with moates burn eprom programer,installed on my ecu,it cranks but won t start.
so..i am blocked
what it is wrong?
the guys from garage have craig moates ostrich 2.0 emulator and burn2 programmer flas and burn,and they said that it is ok to use their tools ,so my question is
what kind of eprom do i need and what are the steps to copy my stock eprom and burn on a new one and start the car,because after that i will burn a tuned bin,and learn on aspirated to tune with emulator,and after that turbo and remap live.
so
what kind of eprom my ecu have?
i have ews,do i need to take it out and bridge that two thick wires to enable the starter. please help me with my project and thanks

Hi !!
so how does it go your project width the M43 turbo ??
Best regards
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

You just need 27c256 chip,28sf512 doesnt work because you have to double-write the bin file.