My version of an MS42 .XDF

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Thaniel

My version of an MS42 .XDF

Post by Thaniel »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this DME tuning world. Found that there didn't appear to be a XDF for the MS42 on the forum. But I did find posted an A2L file. Using .xls. some cleverness, patience and probably 20 hours, I managed to turn the .A2L file into an XDF. Using the .Bin downloaded from an MS42 the graphs look like they are reading the right data!!

At the moment the labels are in German. But I've seen many posts from people with good info that never materialized. So I'm posting what I have. And who knows. Maybe someone that reads Germany will like it this way. I need to find or make some translations. If anyone has anything that would help please let me know.

I don't see how to attach a file to this forum at the moment so I put it on my google drive here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mc&usp=sharing

Thaniel
Thaniel

Post by Thaniel »

It appears that the 328i and 323i have different address locations for the maps etc (and some other small differences). I've also made a xdf for the 323i based off the original A2L file which fit the 328.

Also updated the units on the previous MS42 XDF. Not sure if I mentioned before (too many different forums) but also made a MS43 XDF based on the MS43 A2L file that is posted around on the web.

Enjoy and happy tuning :-)

Thaniel