Siemens help/advice sought please.

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Mark-e21

Siemens help/advice sought please.

Post by Mark-e21 »

Please excuse me, if I am posting in the wrong section, but I am trying to source a definitive solution regarding the ECU for my engine conversion.

I am actually building an E21 BMW circa 1982 and have installed BMW's M52/2.8 engine, taken from a 1996/7 328i. I have also installed fast road camshafts from CAT and the usual lightened alloy flywheel, 6 branch aftermarket exhaust manifold etc.

Initially, my intention was to swap the inlet manifold for the free flowing M50 version and use a modified ECU from the likes of End Tuning etc. However, I have an ITB kit from Jenvey and wish to use that instead. I know that Dbilas also offer an individual throttle body kit but they usually retain the AFM and airbox. I understand that this is why any performance gains are limited?

If possible, I would like to lose the original AFM and airbox but I don't have the budget for a standalone ECU such as Omex etc. I have been told that my stock ECU can be used and run in Alpha-N mode but I have also been told that this incorrect. As a result, I have come here in the hope that I can get a definitive answer and some advice regarding my next move.

I also wondered if I could make use of a Unichip, such as the Dastek, as I already have one from a previous M52 engine.

So, can my Siemens 1429861 be mapped to run my engine on ITB's without the MAF? Would I need to use a TPS?

My knowledge of ECU and mapping is next to nonexistent but I planned to pass relevant information on to whoever I end up using. I just keep finding conflicting opinions though, which is why I've come here.

Thanks in advance. Mark
kzsat

Post by kzsat »

You can use the Alpha-N for MS41 - normally works on many engine or you can use Piggi back example AEM F/IC-6
Mark-e21

Post by Mark-e21 »

Thanks for reply.

I actually opted for the DTA S60 Pro as I've also decided to run Jenvey ITB's to get the best out of the M52.