Crash on opeing any XDF

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

fixins13

Crash on opeing any XDF

Post by fixins13 »

I am VERY new to this. Sorry if I'm asking a question everyone already knows the answer to. I searched and couldn't find an answer so here I am. I am following a guide from a youtube video to install TP RT and open and tune LS ECUs. For the time being, I was just going to open an XDF and a BIN and muck around looking at stuff before I do any damage to anything that matters. I can open Tuner Pro RT and do whatever I want but as soon as I select an XDF, Tuner Pro immediately crashes. I've tried several XDF files from Gearheadefi and all of ones I've tried do the same thing. I'm normally a Mac user. I bought a police-surplus Getac V200 just to try learn this process. I have a brand-new SSD installed with a clean install of Windows 10 with all the updates done. I have installed no other applications installed on the computer. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall the application yet but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Thanks for any help,
AP
fixins13

Re: Crash on opeing any XDF

Post by fixins13 »

I have since removed msvcp100.dll and nothing changed.
fixins13

Post by fixins13 »

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Tuner Pro RT 5.0 (latest build as of 12/15/19)

Only thing that is maybe the least bit out of the ordinary is the Windows 10 is still unregistered as I am not 100% positive I want to pay for the OS if this piece of software which I essentially bought the computer for doesn't work, no reason to keep it.
Nicphilbee

Post by Nicphilbee »

go to this similar location below and delete all the .dll files and then try to reopen TunerPro

C:\Users\**\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins
fixins13

Post by fixins13 »

Holy flying monkeyes that seems to have worked! Thank you! I think I still have to install the plug-ins that allow for Gen3 Vortec tuning and as long as I can get that done, I'm off and running. Thanks again!
fixins13

Post by fixins13 »

Well whatever http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... d.php?7676 plug-in checksums, screws up TunerPro in my configuration. I don't seem to need it and I've started to look around in the tune. Best of luck to all of us.