Basic Cable Questions

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

R D

Basic Cable Questions

Post by R D »

I have a 1994 Chevy Suburban, 2002 Mitsubishi Galant and a master craft boat with a 1994 Chevy LT 1 corvette motor in it. I have done some research and figured out that I want to use the TunerPro RT version but have questions about which cables I need to get to connect to the laptop via a usb port. I believe i need a 12 pin OBD 1 Cable for the Suburban and an 16 pin OBD II cable for the Galant. but I have no clue what cable I need for the LT 1 Corvette motor. Any help will be greatly appreciated, any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in Advance.

R D Black
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

is the mastercraft boat using the LT1's original PCM?
R D

Post by R D »

I think that it is but I'm not sure how to check it.
R D

Post by R D »

I would think that it would have to have been modified just a little bit for the water application being that there is a total different set up for the exhaust and the transmission. Maybe not the connection to it but the programming of the PCM itself
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if it is the factory PCM, i'm sure it is running a non-factory tune.

but to figure out which cable you'll need, have to figure out which PCM you have first. can you grab any part numbers off of it?
R D

Post by R D »

I will see what part numbers I can find and will let you know.
phlips308

NEW GUY

Post by phlips308 »

hi im new here.i am just beginning in the tuner world.i was an auto technician untill a bad car accident.now i am a cnc machinist. i have a 92 chevy k1500. a 299 $99 ecm.vortec heads.2116 edlebrock intake.short headers.1102 summit cam.i totally love this setup.the cam will be different next time. i also have a 78 camaro z28 i will be injecting.so for my question i have been data logging with a usb to ttl converter i was using a dell d600 laptop and was working good.i would like to use an asus me 400 tablet with windows 8.i can get the cable test to show good.it wont recognize it when the key is on,says connecting. no connection.any advice would be great.i have an offer to upgrade to windows 8.1 would it be a good thing?