1989 chevy 2.5 logging

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

lpeters

1989 chevy 2.5 logging

Post by lpeters »

I have a celebrity eurosport with a 2.5 4CYL motor that runs rich it Idle. I would like to log data to see what goes on in the belly of the best. I ran TunerPro and set the comport to 3 to match the hardware. loaded ablt673048.bin and $48.xdf. Cable checks good. when I click the arrows to load data nothing happens. It keeps connecting. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for any help I can get. :?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you mentioned loading a BIN and XDF, but did you load an ADX? when it comes to datalogging, the ADX is what matters.
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

Thanks for the reply.
No I did not load a adx. :oops: I looked but can only find a $70. will that work?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

A055 may be correct. i'm not familiar with the engine RPO that would have been used in the A-bodies.

http://tunerpro.net/gmOBDI.htm

those are also an odd ECM.... communicate at 8192 baud, but apparently only if a 10K resistor is in place and stays there?
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

Ok
I downloaded a055 with ads extension. I imported def to adx and loaded. no connection. I found a vr_$11_vi.01.adx and I get connection but no data with key on or running. I tried both with and without 10k resistor. I least I saw a dashboard. Closer than I was yesterday. I don't need the bin and xdf to see data right?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

VR and $11 sounds like one of the australian units...

correct, no BIN or XDF required for the datastream.
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

what does the connect really mean? That it sees the ecu or it sees the ADX?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

connect would imply that tunerpro is receiving data from the ECM.
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

Thanks for the help on this. This is fun if I can find the right adx. well it looks like a055 is not the one. I tried $70 with a nogo. I will search the sites for somemore and try as I go.
Thanks again
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

I think I have a problem. I found that I can connect with some xdf files without the cable. What could cause this? Bad port or bad cable.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

could be the port itself, could be the driver..... i think i've even seen a badly put together ADX do it before.
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

I found a post about a celebrity logging problem from a user called 88chevyceleb. EagleMark sent him a file that fixed his problem, but he did it off line. I sent a message hoping he can send it to me. I hope it is the adx file giving problems. Well it is dark here in slidell Louisiana and all I need is blow a ecu in the dark. I will try tomorrow morn.
Thanks for sticking with this rookie and trying to get me going.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Every file we work on and fix or improve is available online to anyone in this forum:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... Tuner-Info!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!