General Parameter Definition

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Borbetier

General Parameter Definition

Post by Borbetier »

Hi there, as a newbie I am having trouble to understand the parameters in TunerPro. Is there a definition of the shown parameters and values???

I am trying to understand the "stock 173 bin" with "BMW_M20B25_ecu173_sw705" XDF and there are some issues:

Example 1: With the above mentioned basic-data I get 4 WOT (and other)maps, maybe these are for cold engine, hot engine,...but what are the other 2 for and why are they similar? Which ones do I have to tune? All?

Example 2: I thought, all the fuel-tables are 3D as the ignition times, i.e. "rpm and load axis" with some "injection value" [e.g. in milisecond opening time or raw data equivalent to this], but only the "low load fuelling" is 3D, "fuelling WOT 1-4" is only 2D? Is it because everything over 75% is simply WOT?

Example 3: Also the "ignition times", why are WOT-curves 2D?

Example 4: What exactly are the "O2-Sensor Adaption" and the "O2 Sensor targets"? Are these responsible for lambda-regulation-off i.e. open loop???

and so on...I know I should do something of my own, but starting really is tough. I think I need someone to explain a lot ;-) but once I know, I am highly willing to contribute.

Thx from here

B.
Borbetier

Post by Borbetier »

Also I would like to know the parameter units.

Example I: The XDF doesn´t show every unit for every axis. Although I know, that spark table usually is rpm vs. load (kPa=throttle position) and values are spark advance [° BTDC] i am missing some units for AFR or other maps.

Example II: Revlimits are, afaik, not in real dec number, but similar, like user "aboutton" once posted here. What are the calculating factors for these values (not only rev limit!)?

Is there a table out there in the www which shows that or is there a place in the xdf where this is explained?

I am missing some tutorial here, Mister Mansur...;-)
Borbetier

Post by Borbetier »

General Results:

In the head of a bin file there are values ("Variantencodierung" or variant codes) which give a hint to what model the DME is for, e.g. Cabrio, Automatic, E34-Chassis...
These values define where to find the specific tables, e.g. fuelling&ignition tables-> thats why there are so many of them!
That means on the Eprom there are "map-groups", which are being chosen than by these values (or some values following right after them).

If you are not sure about these values and where (which adress) they read the maps you simply...TUNE ALL THE MAPS

Vice versa this means, you could use any chip in any ecu, but not any xdf for every chip! Changing or tuning a chip requires the adequate xdf for that software...simple.