a few interface suggestions

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

steveo

a few interface suggestions

Post by steveo »

in tables, columns are not auto-resized to match their header text, meaning column names beyond a few chars are useless. there is no way to resize the column manually either, and there is no tooltip when hovering over the column name, so all hope seems to be lost unless you keep it under say 5 chars.

this is no big deal with your average tables, which have int column names like '50' or '4200', however some tables should have column names like "Drive", "Park/Neutral" or "Low RPM Advance".

i would say overall table column width should be auto-sized so all data and header text fits, or ideally provide some logic with a combination of auto-sizing and make a tooltip available if the column name is insanely long. when i make an XDF with the novice tuner in mind, i want to be able to make some column names extra descriptive, and right now, that is impossible.

also new table windows, when opened, are not sized properly. when opening a table which is too long or wide, the main window becomes scrollable, despite the fact that sometimes a scroll bar is placed in the table window as well, which means you have to manipulate 2 scroll bars now to view the thing. example, make a 2d table with 50 rows and open it. you have to resize that window every time you open it or it can't be used, this should be done automatically.

in 2d graphs, there is no zoom/scroll ability. this would be very useful for checking the curvature of 50+ row graphs up close, for example in the case of a large MAF table.

i do a lot of editing with tunerpro now, i love working with the XDF format.. these would really make a difference.. unless there are some workarounds for it i haven't noticed
steveo

Post by steveo »

Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for your suggestions!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
steveo

Post by steveo »

no problem, and anything i can do to help or test new features, i'm game.. i have some dev experience