OMG!!! New to tuneing and completly lost!

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

bertbert

OMG!!! New to tuneing and completly lost!

Post by bertbert »

ok so here goes

I recently acquired a 95 slp Firehawk #524..... great car few issues...lol

the car runs like its at the track all the time... i mean it shifts hard, fuel mileage sucks, and generally can't paw paw around in it!!

the 1>2 shift will break your neck if your not expecting it.....

so i started the normal maintainace stuff plugs wires filters ... changed all the fluids....

still acts like a drag car.. so im thinking its computer tuneing the Previous owner had done... 17 year old kid with a laptop :(

i have dl the bin useing winflash and opened it via tunerpro rt but for the life of me cant make heads or tales of it ( i am a pretty good mechanic and understand what the fields are and how they affect the engine) but it boggles me as to what numbers to use or how to adjust properly.....

iv watched tons of utubes and read many how-to's..... even have pages of notes but i guess im just scared to commit to changing any data..

iv used the compare functions extensivly to compare to several stock bins i have found on the net.... just confused me more as to y these numbers are were they are on my file!!

so i was curious? would a kind hearted person take a look at mine and tell me what i should do? im honestly thinking of loading a stock file to start from scratch?? is my file ok? idk i guess im just a lil lost and would like some one to point me in the right direction

i want to learn this as it applies to many of my vehicles and would love to tune my impala ss and gmc truck... so i just need a teacher not some one to do it for me

pretty pls
bertbert

Post by bertbert »

sry here are the details on the car

95 firehawk (firebird)
lt1 stock as far as i know
4l60e Stock as far as i know.... but it wont datalogg properly ( i dont see any info for it in the tuner fields)
3.73 open rear diff.
tcs dont work
perform button for trans just blinks once then goes off :????
160* thermostat (previous owner installed) im going back to a 180-190 next serviceing
c5 corvette wheels and tires
service engine bulb has been removed and i cant find another lil socket for it anywere thinking imma take one from the tcs lamp or other unused bulb in the dash to replace it.... i know it has codes i just havent figured out how to clear them useing the adx files???

any help will b much appreciated... imma collector of fine automobiles and want the car to be right!! not just hella fast
bertbert

Post by bertbert »

uno mas por favor.....

i can email the bin to anyone willing to look at it and point me in the right direction and possibly teach me a few things
bertbert

Post by bertbert »

Anyone........anyone at all lol
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

If I had a car tuned by a 17 year old with a laptop? I'd flash in a stock tune!

The CEL removed is a sure sign there are issues!

There are some improved TP files XDF and ADX at this link:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ion-EE-EEB

Then start by data logging and look for error codes. Fix them. Start the process of tuning by data logging and make/learn one change at a time!

HTH!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

EagleMark wrote: There are some improved TP files XDF and ADX at this link:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ion-EE-EEB
When are you guys going to write a plug-in to read/flash $EE vehicles from TunerPro? =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am