Dual monitor context menu issue

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

festy

Dual monitor context menu issue

Post by festy »

I've been having a strange issue with the latest TP5 RT (5.00.8075.00).
I have dual monitors on my win7 pc, and when TP is on the main monitor everything is fine, but if I drag it to the second screen none of the right-click context menus show anymore.
Drag it back to the main screen and they appear again :?
Acki

Post by Acki »

Change of cell equation is also not possible... this costs me 1 hour... jesus :D
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

My development system is multi-mon. I can't reproduce what you're describing on either monitor.

You'll both have to be more specific about the issue and how to reproduce it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
festy

Post by festy »

Ok, this is a laptop running win7 64 bit.
Display 1 is the laptop's screen, display 2 is an LCD monitor hooked up to the laptop's docking station.
Display 1 is the primary display (with taskbar etc), display 2 is the extended desktop but it's extended to the left (not to the right like normal setups).

I have TP open on laptop screen, I right-click on a table and get the context menu (Edit Parameter XDF menu, Edit aparameter in bin etc).
I drag the TP window to the extended desktop display (monitor to the left connected to docking station) and right click on the same table (or anything at all) and there's no context menu. Drag it back to the primary display and the context menu appears when I right-click.

I often use two instances of TP (one on each screen) while developing new xdfs, and it doesn't matter whether I have 1 or 2 TP instances open or which is on screen 2, it's the screen location that causes the issue.
Right now I have a single TP instance open and have just moved it from one screen to the other a few times and every time I see the problem.

When TP is on screen 2, when I right-click on a non-selected table it highlites the table while I hold the button down, but as soon as I release the button the previously selected table is highlited instead.

If I position TP half way between the 2 screens so the parameter tree is split between them, if I right-click on the table from screen 1 it works, but move the mouse to screen 2 and click and it doesn't work.

I've currently got win7 booted in test mode (I've been working on some drivers) but pretty sure it also happens in normal boot mode, and no other applications are doing anything like this.

And as Acki mentioned - even if I use the toolbar button to edit the XDF parameter properties if I select Conversion then edit global table (or cell) equation, I can't click the "Edit" button on the conversion editor dialogue.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thank you for the details - the secondary monitor being on the left is the important tidbit; with that, I'm able to reproduce the problem. I'll investigate and fix.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Mangus wrote:Thank you for the details - the secondary monitor being on the left is the important tidbit; with that, I'm able to reproduce the problem. I'll investigate and fix.
Fixed for the next release. Thanks again.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
festy

Post by festy »

Glad to hear it wasn't just a case of user error ;)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

New build now available for download. Enjoy!

Thanks guys,

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
festy

Post by festy »

close - but not quite ;)
Yes I get a context menu now, but if you left-click on one table to select it then right-click on a different table, you get the context menu for the first table and not the one you right-clicked on.
You can see the second table highlited while you click, but release the button and the previous table goes back to being highlited if that makes sense...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Cool. Will fix. Given what the problem is (I'll spare you the details, but it's pervasive in the code base), you might uncover quite a few little problems similar to this (or in this category). I fixed a bunch of related ones thanks to your initial report. Just keep reporting them as you run into them. We'll knock 'em down.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This is fixed. Re-download 8139.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
festy

Post by festy »

Thanks - the new build looks great.