new to tuner pro

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

marcone

new to tuner pro

Post by marcone »

Hi Everyone.I am totally new to tuner pro and this forum.Dont understand how it works could anybody help me get started struggling to work out how to import a bin file I read with my batronix.Is there a beginners guide to using tuner pro seems really hard.I am reading e30 325 motronic173,

many thanks marc
aboutton

Re: new to tuner pro

Post by aboutton »

marcone wrote:Hi Everyone.I am totally new to tuner pro and this forum.Dont understand how it works could anybody help me get started struggling to work out how to import a bin file I read with my batronix.Is there a beginners guide to using tuner pro seems really hard.I am reading e30 325 motronic173,

many thanks marc
dear Friend,
There is no beginners guide to start with and i was always thinking of creating it, so lets start :

1- What is a BIN and what is a XDF ?
Honestly if you don't know what a bin file is !!!!! take your car to a tuner, as for the XDF it is what shows you the where the essential tables and constants are. XDF files are hardware and software specific, that means xdf files must only be used with the bins that are originally created for.
XDF files are created by users of tuner pro all over the world, some of the files may contain errors or miscalculated conversion formulas or even wrong table addresses, but most of these errors where discussed and corrected in several posts.

2- After reading the eprom chip ( Bin file :wink: ) load it to tuner pro and load with it the appropriate xdf file and voila you are now ready to start tuning or !! Breaking !! your engine.
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
marcone

Post by marcone »

many thanks got that figured it was because I was used to opening file and it be there but was not looking at the top of page to see it was thankyou,

Marc
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

:D
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!