TunerPro RT5 battery voltage gauge

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

RJMcEachern

TunerPro RT5 battery voltage gauge

Post by RJMcEachern »

Hello,

I have been using TP for a few months and am comfortable editing the gauges, added new gauges, etc.

My question is:

How or where do i find the additional information on creating custom gauges?

What I mean is how do I add a gauge and find the additional information for the gauge, such as, packet offset, unique ID, source, conversion, etc.

Is there another file or location that I can find this information at?

I have figured out that for it to be added to the dashboard the entry has to appear in the values list first, then it becomes available to the gauge properties item and can be added to the dashboard. the additional information necessary to make it function is what I am missing, or have yet to figure out.

The gauge I am currently trying to add is the Battery Voltage gauge, but it just reads 36 all the time. I have seen robertisaar's posts and others on adding a gauge and making a dash, but the additional information to get the gauge functioning is what I can't find. This is only one example, I have additional gauges I want to add but this is a start.

Any help is greatly appreciated

RJMcEachern
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Re: TunerPro RT5 battery voltage gauge

Post by robertisaar »

RJMcEachern wrote: What I mean is how do I add a gauge and find the additional information for the gauge, such as, packet offset, unique ID, source, conversion, etc.

Is there another file or location that I can find this information at?
depending on the vehicle(or at least, what the ECM is out of), this information may or may not be available. if it's GM OBD1, ~99% chance that it exists.

FWIW: unique ID is a value you assign, it can be pretty much anything you want that will fit in the box. it's just used for Tunerpro internal processes, nothing that will hold you back from getting the value working correctly.
RJMcEachern

Post by RJMcEachern »

thanks for the reply. it is out of a 87 Trans AM GTA 350/700R4, the 1227165 ECM with ABWT on the memcal, I cant seem to get it to display anything but 36 volts, it does fluctuate between 32 and 36 but mostly 36

Thanks
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

that ECM/calibration has two datastreams, the 160 baud and 8192 baud.

the 160 baud does NOT have battery voltage in the stream, but the 8192 stream does.

i'm not 100% on how the 1227165 needs to have it's 8192 stream triggered, but many others do, on both this forum and TGO.

but for battery voltage, a packet offset of 33 (decimal) is correct, it's an 8 bit item and the conversion is simply X * .1
RJMcEachern

Post by RJMcEachern »

thanks robertisaar for the information. I will keep researching and try to find the info on enabling the 8192 data stream and the additional information.

RJMcEachern
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The 32B and 6E 8192-baud streams are enabled by getting a request - any request - emitted to the ECU (at 8192 baud) in the 50ms window between each 160 baud data packet. This must be done with the 10K resistor in place between pins A and B.

-M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
RJMcEachern

Post by RJMcEachern »

Thanks Mangus for the information.

I am using the 10K resistor jumper, but my feeble brain can't figure out how to setup TP to show the correct values on the dashboard gauge.

I believe my problem is somehow in the conversion equation as I can multiply the 36 reading I am getting from TP by the .33 value robertisaar supplied to get an accurate reading of 11.88, which is what I receive on my DVOM when testing the alternator.

any help with the conversion factor and getting it entered in TP is greatly appreciated.

RJMcEachern
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

While editing the definition of the item...
In the conversion tab,
Click edit...
Then enter the following:
X*0.33
save

Will work as you described.
RJMcEachern

Post by RJMcEachern »

worked, thanks alot :)