Images are broken in the help file

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ericruhl

Images are broken in the help file

Post by ericruhl »

I installed TunerPro (4.12.1751.00) and all of the images in the Help file come up as the dreaded red X's. If I right-click on an image and view the image location under Properties I believe the image location is incorrect. For example, open the Help file and go to Getting Started / Preferences. The first image, titled "General Options", has the following image location:

Code: Select all

mk:@MSITStore:F:\Program%20Files\TunerPro\TunerProHelp.chm::/Images/PrefGeneral.gif
Should the "mk:@MSITStore:" prefix be there? If so, any idea why all of the images in the help file are being displayed as red X's?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Try re-installing. As in the other post, I'm unable to reproduce this, so the only thing I can figure is that something went wrong during installation.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ericruhl

Post by ericruhl »

Re-downloaded, re-installed (with virus scan disabled this time), no change. I have downloaded and installed this on two PC's so far and both have the same issue. On one it was a fresh install of TunerPro (the one I just reinstalled), and on the other PC I was upgrading an earlier version. The pictures don't work on either PC, but they used to work with the earlier version.

Here's what I see on both PC's:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I was able to reproduce this on another machine. I'll fix it in the next release (due out shortly).

Glad you opened the help file! :)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ericruhl

Post by ericruhl »

Mangus wrote:Glad you opened the help file! :)
Of course :D

Thanks for tracking this down!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The fix will be available in the next TunerPro release. The reason I couldn't reproduce it originally was because I was using TunerPro RT, and only the TunerPro Free help file was broken.

In any case, this is fixed!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am