Need help getting started, m50tu25 turbo 413 dme questions.

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

operationcougar

Need help getting started, m50tu25 turbo 413 dme questions.

Post by operationcougar »

I'm trying to get everything together for this car, I've read that a few people use the moates ostrich, is that the only emulator? Are there others with more exact definition files? When I look at other tunes that people have offered is there any way to see what the setup was for (ie; blow through, injector sizing, type of maf, turbo size etc)? And finaly, this may sound like a dumb question; is there a library or a listing for all the tunes I keep hearing that are still listed on this forum?

If any one is interested my setup is;
Gt35r
8psi but I want to be able to tune it up to 12ish down the road
Stock bottom end fresh OE type Head gasket arp2000 studs
60# injectors
Chris Mann top mount turbo manifold
Intercooler
I want to run a blow through maf I had a 903 but I sold it thinking I was going to run the miller performance chip until I learned that they only support their own hardware, and I can't get a tune for under $600.

I'm acquiring pieces for a built 3.2 down the road that's why the gt35 and 60lbs injectors I would like to have everything up and running on this motor, then once the other is built I can swap it out rather effortlessly.

350 hp is where I would like to be as it sits.

I've also tuned Megasquirt a few years ago so I'm not a total noob.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

About the Moates emulator, yes there is too many emulator brands in the market but the Ostrich is compatible with TunerPro so its the best you can use, about the Def files i don't think you might need more than what is provided in the definition file currently available.

So you are on the right track my friend, clean your windshield ( for better view ) fasten your seat belt ( for safety ) and step on it ( for the passion of it ) .
operationcougar

Post by operationcougar »

Has anyone been successful with a blow through tune? With either the 540 maf or the Porsche 803?

I know all the aftermarkets are using them. But they have big wallets.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

operationcougar wrote:Has anyone been successful with a blow through tune? With either the 540 maf or the Porsche 803?

I know all the aftermarkets are using them. But they have big wallets.
Yes!
Laimis

Post by Laimis »

Running 540 maf, 400 crank hp. So far so good.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

this guy is a loser, he has no turbo car