FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Compare defs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions

Six_Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Compare defs. Reply with quote

Just an idea that I thought would be useful, would be to have a compare function for the XDFs and ADXs. This way, it would be easy to find differences between these files to make sure you have the most complete file, or even see the differing names between same parameters that people use when making them.

Something as simple as comparing the addresses and displaying names from each XDF/ADX would be useful to me.

dfddfd2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using http://winmerge.org/ pretty successfully. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing.

Cheers,
Dave

EagleMark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Compare defs. Reply with quote

Six_Shooter wrote:
Just an idea that I thought would be useful, would be to have a compare function for the XDFs and ADXs. This way, it would be easy to find differences between these files to make sure you have the most complete file, or even see the differing names between same parameters that people use when making them.

Something as simple as comparing the addresses and displaying names from each XDF/ADX would be useful to me.
That would be huge! Being able to compare and put together 2 files.

Not to mention the 3 hours i wasted doing this with same name files that were 2 differant masks... Embarassed

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

yoda69

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, I suggested this nearly 2 years ago but there was no interest at the time. Crying or Very sad
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2063
The same still applies.

Quote:
Now the copy/paste xdf parameters is working I was wondering if it would be possible to make an XDF compare feature. I sometimes have several xdf's that I've come across for the same mask, and all are slightly different, or one has a few extra or less parameters than another.
Given that everybody calls the tables different things, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a compare based on table/scalar/flag location that would for example show table location, size, name, conversion formaula. This would hopefully make it easier to consolidate a number of these xdf's into one complete one, without having to go through line by line trying to identify differences.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: