More COM ports to data aqusition

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

m0n5t3r

More COM ports to data aqusition

Post by m0n5t3r »

Hi
What do you think about possiblity to connect more than one interface to data aquisition. For example: One com is connected to ECU using narrow band o2 sensor and second is connected to Innovate LC-1 to proper and fast reading of AFR. That should let to read accurate reading without any change in wiring ( only connect power to LC-1). Another example will be ECU using narrow band lambda and using ASIC chip to decode signals - it can't be reprogrammed to use wide band (only modification in ECU diagram could help).
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I think this can be done through the use of a plug in. I know some people were working on being able to get Innovate products to be able to be added to the datastream by the use of a plug in at one point, not sure how far that got though.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Innovate provides everything needed to make a plug in on their website for free. I would have already done it, but that's over my head.
desmo01

Post by desmo01 »

This would be super useful. I need to be able to use 1 datastream for ECU another for TechEdge WBO2. Both datastreams are already defined. If there were any way to add another COM input that would be awesome...
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

desmo01 wrote:This would be super useful. I need to be able to use 1 datastream for ECU another for TechEdge WBO2. Both datastreams are already defined. If there were any way to add another COM input that would be awesome...
I'm fully agree :wink:
Log several (at least 2) comm ports at the same time would be very useful.
Acki

Post by Acki »

It would be enough when it would be possible to load 2 PlugIns at the same time - for each PlugIn a own ADX file and at the "first slot" you can but everything into Monitor or whatever or same Monitor/Dash for all.
Only datastream related stuff is PlugIn related.

2 ports at one Plugin is possibl�e (OSE Plugin for exmaple) but this is too special.

I'm realistic, I don't expect a fast solution cause the last big changes are done years ago but I don't want to blame for the work which was already done.

Would be awesome when TunerPro would bring this feature :)
/edit:
After thinking about the story I found the software "Serial Port Splitter" which seems to can merge com ports to one, I will try to "hang" the needed signal to the other - then it should work as before :)
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

PhilStubbs wrote:Innovate provides everything needed to make a plug in on their website for free. I would have already done it, but that's over my head.
I realize that this is an old post, but does anyone have a link to the plugin information on the Innovate site?
Acki

Post by Acki »

Plugin for what? LC1? Other Innovate stuff?
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

Acki wrote:Plugin for what? LC1? Other Innovate stuff?
Innovate LM1.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Open Realterm and listen the transfer :)

LC1 sends out B2 82 43 13 as header/footer and the lambda value in between.
Can't be more complicated with other Innovate stuff.