Tunerpro App for Iphone?

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

DmcL

Tunerpro App for Iphone?

Post by DmcL »

has anyone thought or done any work on an app for the Iphone? wondering because i might be getting an Iphone and it would be great to be able to tune via the Iphone instead of having to bring my bulky laptop in the car with me. would also mean quick adjustments could be made at any time since people wouldnt have to stop by the house to pick up their laptop, etc.
EthosMotorsports
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

This has been discussed over the years for Tp RT to be ported over to a portable hand held type device, which many people, including myself would love to have, especially since I also plan to get an iPhone when the 5 comes out. So far, no plans have been put into motion, and it sounds like there won't be either. :(
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

guess id be better off picking up a notebook then lol
EthosMotorsports
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

what about an application for I-pack ( much bigger screen, light weight, .... )
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Maybe one day, if Microsoft opens up Windows Phone to support bluetooth from the application stack, then I'll write a Wnidows Phone version. It's probably best not to hold your breath, though.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
The1

Post by The1 »

with netbooks and slates getting so small i dont personally see the need nowdays
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

The1 wrote:with netbooks and slates getting so small i dont personally see the need nowdays
Because some of use have applications, or planning applications, where even a netbook is too large to use for logging. I.E. Motorcycles, sleds or ATVs. ;)

There's already some OBD2 and other logging apps for the iPhone, something that could interface with TunerPro would be nice.

I will be getting the new iPhone soon and plan to either develop an app that will allow logging (even if it doesn't interface with TunerPro) or finding an existing one.
rockerZ71

Post by rockerZ71 »

I've thought a little about doing something similar for android - I got a quarterhorse and a bluetooth transceiver for it (I suck at soldering though so I am going to get someone else to solder it to the QH for me, have done nothing with it so far) and would like to be able to log to my phone. Would like to be able to have a simple "dashboard" display on my phone. For any real tuning I don't mind having my netbook connected but it would be cool to be able to do it all. I'm just too busy and have too many projects going on to get started

Have also considered either having a small computer like a pc104 board or something always connected and hidden in the dash near the ECM, could just leave tunerpro running on that and then connect to it w/ VNC or similar. Ideally it would be cool if tuner provided remote access to its data and functions via some sort of protocol. I could then do everything I really want to do using tunerpro as the intermediary without having to reinvent the wheel,
scorp1us

Post by scorp1us »

Your best bet is to write something for mobile in, Qt, which can then run on iOS, WinRT, Android, OSX Windows and regular Linux.

However if I were a consultant I would create a website for the UI and only do the I/O on actual hardware.