I need help with the bin file

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

hugger70camaro

I need help with the bin file

Post by hugger70camaro »

So this has been a semi frustrating deal. I have a tpi setup from a 1989 Firebird that I have put into my 70 Camaro. I have changed a few things on it and it needs help running. It runs to rich. I purchased the emulation device from Moates quite some time ago. I have never really been able to get it to work correctly. I have downloaded different bin files and none seem to be close enough to get it to work. I have gotten the car to run but very poorly. I spoke with Moates and they said that I needed the adapter to pull the bin file out of my stock chip. I have tried doing this but am having a difficult time with it. When I do it is says it was successful but when I go to save it and open it in tunerpro it does not seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

what's the BCC of the PROM you have now? i may have it in my archives already.
hugger70camaro

Post by hugger70camaro »

I am not sure what you mean by the BCC. There is a sticker on the chip that says Delco akfx 2427. There are a bunch of numbers below that 980 1606 9300 l8808 0472. I don't know if that is what you are looking for or not.

Thanks for the help.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

AKFX would be the BCC.

i don't have an AKFX, however i do have an AKFT, which looks to be similar in that it's meant for a 5.0TPI F-body with a 5 speed and 3.08 gears. AKFX is the same except meant for 3.45 gears.
hugger70camaro

Post by hugger70camaro »

Well I have the file uploaded into the emulator now. I looked it over and the numbers look to be pretty good. All of the other files I would get were way off of what they should be. I still can't get the vehicle to run however. I have started it on the stock chip and then when I hook up the emulator it gives a little fire and then will not do anything after that unless I run it on the stock chip after which it does the same thing. I really need to get this thing figured out.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

disable VATS?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Could it be that all the ones that "seemed way off" were actually correct, and you're either not seeing numbers that you want or using the wrong XDF so that the numbers will be skewed or jumbled? I've done that a few times myself. lol

Are you using a $32B XDF? The info I have shows that BCC is for an '88 using a '165 ECM, which IIRC is $32B code mask.

The bins should be 16Kb in size.
hugger70camaro

Post by hugger70camaro »

I checked the Vats and there is no check mark in the box.

I am running that 32b xdf file. The problem with the figures I was getting before was that the numbers would look semi plausible and then one of the numbers in the map would be ten times what everything else was.

I am wondering if somehow the emulator is just not working right.
Glenno

Post by Glenno »

hugger70camaro wrote:I checked the Vats and there is no check mark in the box.

I am running that 32b xdf file. The problem with the figures I was getting before was that the numbers would look semi plausible and then one of the numbers in the map would be ten times what everything else was.

I am wondering if somehow the emulator is just not working right.

I'm having similar problems. How did you resolve your poor running condition if you ever did?