4.3 V6 VIN W help

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

chevy2_66

4.3 V6 VIN W help

Post by chevy2_66 »

I have a 94 GMC Sonoma with the 4.3 VIN W CMFI motor. I have been playing with trying to get TunerPro RT V5 to read live data but have not had much luck. I started with V4 and used the A178 definition file, but i could never get the data stream to start, I switched to V5, imported the definition which took it from a ADS to a ADX. I was then getting live data but it was all junk, only half the sensors were reading and the ones that were did not make sense. Any one have any ideas where i'm going wrong, or have another definition file i could try?

Thanks
Wapps

Post by Wapps »

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same engine with the W code and was considering getting the Tuner Pro/RT but if it dosn't work i won't.
chevy2_66

Post by chevy2_66 »

No never had any luck :-(
Wapps

Post by Wapps »

Did you ever try any other programs or scanners that you had any success with? I need to see what is happening with the sensors to try and solve a problem. My engine misses at idle but only when it hits 195. Up till that point it's as smooth as glass. I suspect when it goes into closed loop and is reading all the sensors it starts missing. I have changed almost evey part you can think of including a new CPI spider but can't solve it.
chevy2_66

Post by chevy2_66 »

No i've tried several different programs, never had any luck, and all the support i have ever gotten was "gunna have to play with it".