thank you, But... ?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

dragonaile

thank you, But... ?

Post by dragonaile »

Thank you Very much for the ADS defenition file for my trck, But, I have some glitch. I don't know If it's supposed to be like that.

When I use TP, The reading are... Glitching. every 2 or 3 seconds, The data are like if there was no reading for alf of a second and Back to Normal.

I could post my XDL file, So, somewone could tell me if it's a normal reading...
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

it's a ghost in the machine...

you can add a small delay between recieve/send commands, add an additional digit to the body size value in the ADX editor for the recieve command, or both, it usually fixes the issue.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

thank you, That is what I tought It was, >I will look at this :`D
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

I will have to ask something interesting. Is there a way to read the Check engine code with the TP RT?? I tought my problem was the Ox Sensor, But, Apparently the data I have are the normal operation of the sensor, So, Now, I need to read the code... I don't know anything about the rest of the values I have there....
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

what file are you using to log? some definitions need a seperate command sent to access the trouble codes, others have them in their main stream.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

I don't know If I will say what you asked me...

I use tuner pro RT, with the definition A178.ads

But, I don't know where I will see the code anyway, So, I may have it already somewhere, But, I can't find it... so...
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

in A178, there is only one datastream, so once you are connected, switch over to the "Flags" tab, and you should see codes.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

Ok ,Heeee, What if... What if I don't have a Flags tab? I don't know If I am missing something, But, I seem to be unable to find a Flag tab... But, I am searching for this in replay mode... Do I need to be in Reading mode to see it?

If so, Where is it? So I will be able to find it Fast next time I plug the laptop in the truck... Thank you very much for your patience...
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://i.imgur.com/OJbsk.png

at the top, near the center, press the "F", then you'll have access to the flags tab.

you should be able to use it in both replay and live data modes.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

yeah... heeee, I am using the new verssion of the Program...

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i assumed you were using V4, but with V5, roughly the same area, you should see a red circular guage, a column of checkboxes, a clock and a M. the "checkboxes" is the button to get into the "item list" tab, which should show all of the values in the stream.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

Ok... Then, In this Tab, I have no information at all About the Error code... I have raw values that I barely understand... But, I have nothing like a Error code or anything that could be close to that...

What I will do, Is I will unstall the V5 And Try to see if the V4 is better to read the error data...

Will take 5 minuts to do so anyway...
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you do not need to uninstall V5 to use V4.
dragonaile

Post by dragonaile »

Thank you very much again for your patience. I just realized how it worked! The come back to the last version opened my eyes! the program now regroup the Flag and the Data in the same tab!

Thenk you, You made me realize that the probleme was a valve that will cost me 400$ OR, I could buy a chip, Copy the prom on it, and disable the Reading of this EGR valve... Dunno how much this could cost me, And I don't know how to do any of this, but, I am sure I will find all this out very soon!

Again, Thank you!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

no problem, it's what we're here for.