Bosch LH2.2

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Der_Alte

Bosch LH2.2

Post by Der_Alte »

Has any one used tunepro to modify LH2.2 EPROMs?

I have and old SAAB 900 Turbo with Bosch LH2.2 from '88.

The .xdf file is actually present on the download page:

Saab_LH22_538.xdf

However, the .bin file is not there. I got a .bin file from another forum and Tunerpro is actually able to read it together with the xdf file above. "only" problem is that the main fuel map does not show up. There are tables for "acceleration enrichment", "cold start" etc. but not for the main map.

Does anyone have an idea. Is Tunerpro able to work with LH2.2?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I made that XDF. There is a special software for tuning Saab LH2.2 chips and it is located at ecuproject.com

The main fuel map is air mass meter map, you should not touch that map. LH2.2 sucks
Der_Alte

Post by Der_Alte »

Thank you for the response.

I guess that you refer to the program LH22edit.exe written by Ragner.

Maybe, LH2.2 sucks, but i still don't understand why i can se the full MAP in LH22edit and not i Tunerpro. I have not tried to modify the chip yet, but as I see it, I can make modifications to the main map also using LH22edit.

Currently I am waiting for the Ostrich EPROM emulator but when I recieve it I think that I will try LH22edit if nothing better shows up.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

There's a buch of Saab guys in europe been working on this successfully. You have to register there and wait for an approval but I have seen a lot of XDF for saabs and volvos.
http://ecuproject.com/index.html
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
mrjaybeeze

Post by mrjaybeeze »

Hi

The main fuelmap in LH2.2 is in a format that not yet is compatible with Tunerpro

Maybe Mark could do something about it and maybe not....
The resolution in LH2.2 is in 10bit format on the main fuelmap so nothing in Tunerpro could make it work at the moment

The map is built in two pieces first the base map wich is 16x16 and then the complimentary map wich is 4x16
the system takes one value from first map and pairs with a bit in the last map and get the final value
What makes it difficult is that each byte in the 16x4 map contains info for four cells in the main map
The split is something like this:

the whole byte 0000 0000 0000 0000
1 cell 2 cell 3 cell 4 cell

YS
Jaybee