Trying to scan but ALDL won't connect

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

90L98$8d

Trying to scan but ALDL won't connect

Post by 90L98$8d »

Here's another Newbie needing assistance :roll:

I'm trying to figure this out myself but I am getting nowere.

I am having trouble connecting to the ALDL. The ALDL cable connects to the Computer through the eithernet port. Is there a setting on my computer or in the program that I have to change?

I have a 1990 Vette with a 1227730 ECM (5.7 6sp Man.)The Memcal says ARFP

I have loaded arfp8D.bin. Imported Super_8dm2.ecu into the dxf. and A115.adx.
I went into Tools \ Preferences and tried switching the plug-in Configuration but that did not work.

Please help, Thank you

Pat
90L98$8d

Post by 90L98$8d »

Well first lesson learned for the newbie. I couldn't even make it through buying the equipment without messing up :oops: I thought I had it figured out. I spent almost two weeks looking at the moates sight before buying the equipment. But I guess I need a ALDL to USB converter. Oh well I hope the converter gets here before next weekend.

I have a lot to learn but we were all newbies at one time right. :D

I'm sure I will have more complicated :roll: newbie questions to come as I work with this software and pick up experience.
90L98$8d

Post by 90L98$8d »

Hi Guys I would really apreciate some guidance here

I have a 1990 Vette with a 1227730 ECM (5.7 6sp Man.) SD, The Memcal has ARFP on it

Using: Tunerpro RT v.5, Ostrich II, Burn 2, ALDU1

I got the ALDU1 last night and tried to scan today but DA would flash blue:connected then red:error. Any idea what is going on? Or a forum and post I can look for

I have loaded arfp8D_MS.bin. | 8D.xdf | A115.adx.
I went into Tools \ Preferences and tried switching the com ports but that did not work.

Cable not found or not functioning (tested at 8192 baud)

I tried searching but have not came up with a helpful post. If you can guide me to a post that would be great

I need a prom tuning for the complete IDIOT post. :idea:
Glenno

Post by Glenno »

You're ahead of me. I'm working with Ostrich 2.0, ALDU1, G3, and a Burn 2.
TPI conversion with a 16196395 ECU. Can't seem to make anything connect, read, interpret, what have you. Let me know what you learn, I'll research and brain storm with you. Thanks
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

When performing the cable test, make sure that it is NOT plugged into the ALDL connector under the dash. Many times if I have to perform that test while in the vehicle, I simply unplug the RJ45 looking connector that leads to the ALDL connector, while performing the test.

You may need to add some delay to the request response, There are a few posts on it, I don't recall the details off hand, to be able to post what needs to be done right now. I beleive either Saar or JP86SS have made posts about how to o this, or maybe both.