just getting started.. (NOOB)

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

akeemo

just getting started.. (NOOB)

Post by akeemo »

Sorry for the NOOB questions. But i gotta ask...

Hardware/Software
LT1 - 96 Caprice Computer..
Tuner Pro v5
My questions are very top level at the moment. As i become more understanding of the concepts I know, Ill get to the more intelligent questions. I do have a solid computer background and decent understanding of whats going on underhood. Please bare with me.
From all of my research and the way i understand it, people are flashing there OBD2 computers to use an OBD1 bin. Is this correct? Because its easier to work with?
:arrow: If this is so.. i want to flash the above mentioned computer with a 95 Z28 LT1 bin.
:arrow: then fire the car up (assuming I get this far) and start taking some log information.
:arrow: After reviewing this information, begin to make the changes necessary to "clean" things up. AFR's etc.

Am I on the right track so far??
Few questions from here.

:arrow: In the .xdf file, when i go to the flags section and open VATS for example. If i uncheck the "Set" box and save, Does this mean I have dissabled the Vehicle Anti theft? Is it this simple?
:arrow: Would the same go for A/C accessories and anything else my 67 Camaro doesnt have?

Finally, What cables do i need to make this happen? I realize the USB or Serial cable and OBD cable but the box in between to actually flash and write to the PCM...
will this one do? http://www.obd2allinone.com/
Im not partial to any companies or products any advice would be great..

I hope i dont look like to much of a fool..but im trying to learn and get my car on the road before the snow comes...
I'm sure Ill have more questions after i get to a certain point.

Thanks for all of your time...

Noel
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Seen your post here for a couple days, I'm pretty sure TP will not falsh your OBDII at all.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!