DEF for C9B help

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Gladiator

DEF for C9B help

Post by Gladiator »

I am in the process of trying to tune a 90 Bronco II with a 2.9L, man trans with a C9B Bin. I am new to the Ford tuning scene, and have set up my Flash burn2, and Ostrich to do EEC-IV. I need a DEF file for my ECM, is there one avail, or do I need to pay someone to hack one out for me?
THX Mark, and DEX
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I have not come across that particular ecu and do not know what strategy it uses; can you post the bin up?
Gladiator

Padding

Post by Gladiator »

Dex I am still trying to figure out how to set up Tuner pro to read the bin properly from a Ford EEC-IV. I have read some of the posts here and am starting to get it.
:)
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I've emailed you a guide on how to do this.
Gladiator

Sending the bin

Post by Gladiator »

Dex I don't see an attach button, so how can I send the bin file. I also tried to load the bin in to my Ostrich2, it loaded, but wouldn't confirm.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You can send the bin to the email address I sent the guide from.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I'm afraid it's not a strategy I recognise but it does follow the same strategy as the B9Z ecu.
Gladiator

GUFB Def?

Post by Gladiator »

So will the GUFB def work, or can I change it to work? Dosent Tuner Pro support hacking XDF files?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The GUFB strategy will not work because the C9B ecu uses a different strategy. In this instance it is a speed density strategy, so whilst some of the parameters will be the same quite a few will be different.

You can edit and alter non password protected xdf's.
Gladiator

Options

Post by Gladiator »

I remember a post some where where you spoke of Paul Booth, is he still able to create a XDF for me, and how much?
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Ok i was looking at the EEC program code list over at Ford Fuel Injection, though there aren't any year listings, the B9Z is from a Ranger/BroncoII with a 2.9L engine. It lists my C9B as a 2.8L, but it works, and came with the vehicle. Is there a XDF avail for the B9Z that you know of?
Thanks for all your help.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Paul has written his own editing s/w and can do defs for that but AFAIK not xdf's.

I don't know of a xdf for the B9Z. I mentioned this ecu as sharing the same strategy in case it helps and didn't intend to muddy things for you.
Gladiator

Creating XDF

Post by Gladiator »

So if there is no XDF avail for my ECM do you think it would be possible to take another avail speed density XDF, use the hex editor, and a logger to figure out the parameters?
:)