Help with checksum plugin (ME7)

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

GWerks

Help with checksum plugin (ME7)

Post by GWerks »

I'm trying to get everything together to finish my tune on my 01.5 B5S4 with an M-box, I have the .xdf file and the stock .bin file which I have modified already.

My problem is that I cannot get the plug in to install!! Can someone help me. I follow the steps on the ''readme'' and I get stuck on step #4.

TunerPro is installed in Windows7..

Any help would be awesome! Thank you!
mtx-electronics

Post by mtx-electronics »

Hi,
what do you see in the combo box named "Plugin module"?

- Also did you copy the plugin in the "Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins" directory? If the directory does not exist you must create it.
- Don't forget to use the latest version of TunerPro (v5.00.7532).
mtx-electronics

Oh man! I was working with the 4.0 or something, just uninstalled that and installed the latest version non-RT. And now it crashes... =(
Does this happen with or without the plugin copied in the "Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins" directory?
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:Hi,
what do you see in the combo box named "Plugin module"?

- Also did you copy the plugin in the "Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins" directory? If the directory does not exist you must create it.
- Don't forget to use the latest version of TunerPro (v5.00.7532).
Okay, I downloaded the plugin, followed the direction in the readme and was getting stuck on step 4, I think because it was an old version.

Now, I just installed the new version non-RT and when I try to use it, it crashes, so I'm going to restart my computer and see what happens.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:
Oh man! I was working with the 4.0 or something, just uninstalled that and installed the latest version non-RT. And now it crashes... =(
Does this happen with or without the plugin copied in the "Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins" directory?
This is happening with out the file copied on there, unles it's still there from when I pasted it on there on the old version, but since I uninstalled it, it should be gone.
mtx-electronics

I noticed that tunerpro does not remove data files from the document directory when uninstalled so it might be there.. First of all try running tunerpro without the plugin and after put the plugin in and see what happens.

I have not tested the plugin with windows 7 because I don't have it but it should work ok because I don't use any strange os specific functions... I have tested it on winxp, vista & wine under linux.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:I noticed that tunerpro does not remove data files from the document directory when uninstalled so it might be there.. First of all try running tunerpro without the plugin and after put the plugin in and see what happens.

I have not tested the plugin with windows 7 because I don't have it but it should work ok because I don't use any strange os specific functions... I have tested it on winxp, vista & wine under linux.
Just uninstalled it again, and erased all the TunerPro files, including the main folder.

Going to restart and install again. Should have something in 5 min or less.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

Did all that^^

Everytime I try to load an .xdf file it just crashes and closes. I erased all the old TunerPro files, including the ME7 checksum correction plugin file. I don't know what else to do =/
mtx-electronics

As I understand it crashes when you try to open an XDF file and you do not have the plugin copied in the directory.. Is this right?

Are you using your XDF file? Did you see if this happens with the tunerpro default XDF file (it's called 6E.XDF )?
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:As I understand it crashes when you try to open an XDF file and you do not have the plugin copied in the directory.. Is this right?

Are you using your XDF file? Did you see if this happens with the tunerpro default XDF file (it's called 6E.XDF )?
It crashes when I try to open my ME7 M box .xdf file. As soon as I try to open it, it just crashes and closes.

I do not have any plugin files copied in the TunerPro folder.

I also can't seem to find the TunerPro default XDF file.
mtx-electronics

You can download the default xdf here: http://www.tunerpro.net/download/bindefs/GM/6E.xdf

and the bin file here: http://www.tunerpro.net/download/bins/GM/ANZA.bin

Try with these and see if it still crashes.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

I erased the XDF file I was trying to open and downloaded it again and it worked fine. =)

So thanks for your help, and since this is the new version I don't think I will have many problems getting the plugin to work!

Thank you so much for your time.
mtx-electronics

also if you want post your bin & xdf and I can try opening it only my pc and see if I have the same issue.
mtx-electronics

ok, no problem. Glad you resolved.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

Well... I'm trying to make my ME7 checksum plugin work and it will not let me. I copied the .dll plugin (ME7 VAG checksum) file in the TunerPro folder in C:Programs/TunerPro...

It won't find it when I try to select it in the Plug-in Module case. Any input on this?
mtx-electronics

The plugin should be copied in Documents/Tunerpro Files/Plugins, if the plugins folder does not exist create it.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:The plugin should be copied in Documents/Tunerpro Files/Plugins, if the plugins folder does not exist create it.
That's what I did. And it won't find it. Sorry to bother you so much. I see there is a TunerPro plugin, it will find that one but not the ME7 plugin.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

What I'm trying to do is, creating a new folder on C:Program Files: TunerPRo, in that folder I copy the file Bosch_VAG_ME7.dll, then I open tunerpro, follow the steps of the readme, step #4 I click on the combo box ''Plugin Module'' and it doesn't find anything now.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong now.
mtx-electronics

Don't know why.. Tommorrow I'll install Windows 7 in a virtual machine and test the plugins to make sure they are working in that os. I'll have to get back to you on this.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:Don't know why.. Tommorrow I'll install Windows 7 in a virtual machine and test the plugins to make sure they are working in that os. I'll have to get back to you on this.
Thank you very much.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

It will only let me select the plugin module

''TunerPro default checksum plugin''
mtx-electronics

You are right with Windows 7 the plugin does not work. I am looking into this to find a solution.
mtx-electronics

I have updated all plugins to better support Vista & Windows 7. Hope this resolves all issues.
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:I have updated all plugins to better support Vista & Windows 7. Hope this resolves all issues.
Okay, thanks, I will try it today.

I downloaded the new plug in from here: http://www.mtx-electronics.com/automotive/page.php?25

And the same thing is still happening. I would like to make a donation if we this to work.

UPDATE: It works now, when you paste the plugin file for ME7 checksums in C:Program Files:TunerPro , make sure you don't create a folder called plugins, just paste it right in there.

I set it up to Only detect compatibility because it's the only option that it gave me. Will this automatically do my checksums or do I have to pay for a license or something? helpp,
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

Sent e-mail to:

info@mtx-electronics.com
mtx-electronics

Very good. I am working on a new update to make Windows 7 support even better, I hope to have a new update in a few hours and then finally I can contibue working on the BMW ME7 plugin which will be next...
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:Very good. I am working on a new update to make Windows 7 support even better, I hope to have a new update in a few hours and then finally I can contibue working on the BMW ME7 plugin which will be next...

Okay, just replied to your e-mail. Thank you so much for your help, I hope those .xdf files I sent are compatible and everything is good. Then I will send you the payment and I can start tuning. =)

I'm also interested on that BMW ME7.
mtx-electronics

On my website I have a list of the checksums I will be implementing, if there are any that might be more useful I can give them more priority and try to finish them first. For now I have set the list in order of what I think might be more useful...
GWerks

Post by GWerks »

mtx-electronics wrote:On my website I have a list of the checksums I will be implementing, if there are any that might be more useful I can give them more priority and try to finish them first. For now I have set the list in order of what I think might be more useful...
I sent you an e-mail with my stock .bin, did you get it?Waiting on your reponse to send the money.