1995 Mazda Miata MX-5 (BPL9_Z02)

Discuss all other manufacturer-specific tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

JSK333

1995 Mazda Miata MX-5 (BPL9_Z02)

Post by JSK333 »

I just had a spare ECU for a '95 Miata socketed by Moates and read its stock 27C256 chip with my BURN2.

I thought I'd be able to use the BPF3.XDF I found elsewhere on the net (someone created it for a '95 Miata), but it seems as though the .bin file I read is different than other stock .bins I have found and the values do not match up with the XDF. My .bin has a header of BPL9.

Can someone take a look at my .bin and the existing XDF I have and see if they can figure out where to make the changes in the XDF so I can edit my .bin file? I made a ZIP of all the files, available at: http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/files/95miata.zip - the README.txt describes the files.

Thanks!
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

I think I've sorted it, although there are a LOT of maps in those bins that could be similar to the ones you're looking to edit. A 64kb bin file is going to have a lot of extra maps to play with, but the ones I found are only slightly offset from the mod.xdf, so I think they're the same ones.

Can't upload them here, shoot me your email and I'll get the modded xdf to you asap.
Frank_and_Beans

Post by Frank_and_Beans »

Any update on this? I have a BPL9 ECU as well.
JSK333

Post by JSK333 »

Frank_and_Beans wrote:Any update on this? I have a BPL9 ECU as well.
Yes, Brendan provided me with an .xdf that does work for the main spark timing and main fueling (listed as AFR). He quit replying to my emails late last year so I never heard if he added any of the other tables or not.

You can PM me here with your email address and I can email it to you.
Frank_and_Beans

Post by Frank_and_Beans »

Sounds good!

PM sent.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If you email me the file and the info for what vehicles it works for (years, makes, models, engines), I'll put it up on the site for all to share.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

im interested in this xdf file.. please share?!
JSK333

Post by JSK333 »

taiajam wrote:im interested in this xdf file.. please share?!
I just emailed it to Mark so hopefully he can add it to the website soon.