02 sensor ?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

89 IROC CONV

02 sensor ?

Post by 89 IROC CONV »

i need to know what needs to happen to get the o2 sensor air/fuel mixture to match the spark plug reading . when my wideband reads between 12.7 rich the plug are as clean as new. (lean) if i non cap the headers the wide band reads 20.0 lean .and the plugs are carbon fauled.when i reconnect my 21/2 in 24in long straight pipes back to the collecters start the car in open loop 02 reads rich . shut the car off pull the plugs clean as new. med temp plugs ngk fr5. do i just need bigger injectors and more fuel pressure . and if i do that will the wideband still read rich and the plugs lean. how do u lie to the ecm and get the 02 air/fuel mixture to match the spark plug readings. every thing seems to be ass backwards . :x :? stock bin. or do i just increase the value in the fuel map. doing so will richin the 02 reading but then the ecm starts leaning it out again and the plugs are still lean. if not leaner then before. should i lower the fuel map value leaner so the ecm will richin the fuel mixture. some one explain this mess please. egr is turned off in my ecm.
mark m
89 IROC CONV

Post by 89 IROC CONV »

got it going my way 02 sensor that is cold spark vs coolant temp way off. and a few other adjustment. also tuning for open loop all the time now might as well put the 200.00 dollar wideband to use.
mark m