can someone exlain the ve tables

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

PhilStubbs

can someone exlain the ve tables

Post by PhilStubbs »

with all of the tuning programs i have ever used the numbers in the fuel tables had no real meaning, but larger numbers= more fuel. so, more vac/low rpm the lower the number and less vac/high rpm had higher numbers. i have noticed while using tuner pro that at idle i have low numbers and they get larger in the middle of the table, but then get smaller again closer to full throttle and higher rpm.

it is making tuning a little confusing. partly cause i dont have an aldl cable and my ostrich wont run the truck for anything. having to burn chips is taking forever. i can usually estimate changes decently but its tough when the numbers dont make any sense to me.

does anyone have any insight on this?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

The VE numbers mean the same thing as you're used to.

The only reason for the upper map taper off to lower numbers is that engines require less fuel above thier torque peak, and is why there is the taper.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

i guess im just used to 4 cylinder turbo cars where they need more fuel for more rpm. this is my first attempt at v8 tuning
deaner

Post by deaner »

The difference is in the vehicle your tuning. Would be the same for a V8 if it were boosted. Natural Aspiration can only take in so much air before it runs out of breath. Thus the drop in fuel ie drop in VE. Forced Induction, more so turbos(load dependent) even at say 7k rpm, you're still boosting. Over 100% VE so you still need the fuel to go with the air you're cramming into the chamber.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

There is some interesting VE information on LS1tech:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn ... acked.html

Dave
RainMan

Post by RainMan »

Sorry, this is really a stupid question ...

Where are VE-Tables visible in Tuner Pro RT5 ??? I miss them very often, because in MegaLog Viewer exists a dual view mode. You see the fuell cells and are able to have a second view on VE, without any toggle of a screen.

Is there a View on VE in Tuner Pro???
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are ..
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Click on Tables and then look for Main Fuel Table #1 and #2

Differant ECM/XDF may be worded diferantly.