Yay, another new guy to bother you

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Msport540

Yay, another new guy to bother you

Post by Msport540 »

Hello all, Im new to all this so I will be asking some basic questions that Im about 99% sure I could of found using the magical search button BUT I figured I would start a new thread because, well,l Im selfish like that :)

First off I just want to say I am very impressed with what I have found on the interwebs about tunerpro, so much so I made the donation for RT before even trying it out, so keep up the good work.

Here is some info before I ask my question.

car: 2000 BMW 540i/6
dme: Bosch ME7.2

I have my stock bin that I pulled with MPPS V13 (same i used to install my new tune) but when I go to open said bin in tunerpro nothing happens, so im assuming that all work done on tunerpro is via xdf file? If that is the case can tunerpro rt convert bin into xdf, if not what is the go to software to do the task?

Many thanks,
Paul G.
Msport540

Post by Msport540 »

ok i get it, after much eye crippling reading of coarse. the xdf file is the index for the bin, lets me know the topic to what im looking at. I also found while reading is that the xdf file is normally the hard file to get ahold of (well in my m62tu, ME7.2 case atleast) so unless I find an open source xdf file for my set-up or pay someone to figure it out my newly acquired tunerpro rt software is just a proverbial paper wait for my hard drive. so with that said who would be the go to guy around here i could hire to take my bin and produce me a xdf file?