1227749 and autoprom

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

SyTyArchives

1227749 and autoprom

Post by SyTyArchives »

I could have swarn I hit submit on this, so if you removed it I appologize for sending it again...

Just want to add a formal request to getting datalogging and emulating working at the same time for the syclone/typhoon crowd, I've got one in the post and really looking forward to this working in the new version.

Chatting a bit with Paul ( I guess you guys live near one-another) and he mentioned that it was simply a software thing, so I just wanted to be vocal about it so you can see theres some interest in getting this working.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes, Paul's right, its really just a software thing. Unfortunately its not a simple software thing. I will address it, though, in the 4.0 series.

The problem is two-fold:

1) The SyTy bins spew tons of unsolicited data to the ALDL stream. I need to add a connection provision in TunerPro to spam the ECM with the silence ( mode 8 ) command before attempting to connet.

2) Once the above is implemented and working in non-AutoProm mode, I then need to implement the new AutoProm ALDL mode passthrough in software.

#1 is the tough one. In any case, I have the plan worked out, its just a matter of implementing it. It requires a bunch of architectural changes under the covers, which is why I've been putting it off.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking about you SyTy guys, worry not!

Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am