trace with tunerpro v5

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

alain

trace with tunerpro v5

Post by alain »

first ,sorry for my english but i'm french and i hadn't a good teacher at school! :lol:
my problem is that i try to use the mode "trace" with TP V5 and a Ostrich 2 on my digifant g60 ecu and i can't.
my emulator is ok ,i have the good last driver ,my xdf is ok but when i switch on the contact and i click on trace bottom,a yellow block go anywhere on my map even when my motor is not start and ,with or without switch on emulation ,it's the same problem.
thanks to help me :wink: ,i had looking for on the forum but i don't find a solution... :(
starrd

Post by starrd »

I also have problems with the digifant using the hit trace feature. I have talked to both Mark and Craig about this issue. Neither have an answer, but I believe it has to do with the multiplexing that the port replacement unit does with this ECU. My definition is for the 3 timing map chip, and I found that some of the tables would hit trace correctly and others wouldn't. I could get the fuel table to trace correctly but not the timing table. I even re-wrote the code to swap the location of the first timing map and the fuel map, then the timing table at its new location would hit trace correctly. Seems it depends on which addresses are being used. Send me a message if you want to discuss further.
I am still looking into this because it is possible that it is caused by a bus contention issue - I am doing more testing over the next little while.
starrd

Post by starrd »

There may be a solution to this problem with the G60 Digifant ECU. I have an "aktive" adapter ordered from Germany and I will be testing when it arrives. I will post the details of my testing and info on how/where to purchase the adapter if it works.
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

:D <--- eagerly awaiting the results.
I have to say, it was quite amusing to see that trace dancing all over the maps, lol. I do like the real-time tuning part though, very handy even without tracing.

Thanks for all the work Don!

Chad
starrd

Post by starrd »

Ok I have some info on "Hit Tracing" with the Ostrich2 using the digifant 1 ECU. Seems there are issues caused by the use of the port replacment unit that can be corrected with an adapter that is available from here:
www.GrauTec.de
Send an e-mail to David Grau and ask for the G40/G60 Aktive adapter. David will tell you the cost and once you send him your address, he will send you an invoice for the item and shipping. You can pay by PayPal if you like. He sent my adapter via DHL International Express post so it arrived by the postal system in a week without any other charges. You can get the e-mail from the web site.

I have tested this adapter with the Ostrich2 without a socket booster and the "Hit Trace" feature did work correctly. No more random behavior. So depending on how important this feature is, there is an option available. :D
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Whoa...AWESOME! :D
DavidG60

Post by DavidG60 »

starrd wrote: www.GrauTec.de

I have tested this adapter with the Ostrich2 without a socket booster and the "Hit Trace" feature did work correctly. No more random behavior. So depending on how important this feature is, there is an option available. :D
Hi all,
Same problem with hit tracing here in digifant.
I was asking myself if the socket booster provided by moates was good to cure it?
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... cts_id=171

For the grautec adapter, is it the one called "EMU Adapter MS/MSS"?
starrd

Post by starrd »

DavidG60 wrote:
starrd wrote: www.GrauTec.de

Hi all,
Same problem with hit tracing here in digifant.
I was asking myself if the socket booster provided by moates was good to cure it?
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... cts_id=171

For the grautec adapter, is it the one called "EMU Adapter MS/MSS"?
The adapter is not shown on the web site - you have to send David an e-mail and ask about the Aktive adapter for G40/G60. I have talked to Craig Moates and no, the socket booster will not do the job. It works with the data and address lines to the chip, and that is not where the issue is.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

when buying ostrich2.0 make shure you buy the 6 inch ribbon cable for it, it is much faster and it is more stable when tracing. The 18 inch ribbon cable is just too long.
Here is the video on how the tracing looks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F2VjIFNID0