Air Fuel Ratio ?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Rally Smith

Air Fuel Ratio ?

Post by Rally Smith »

I have finally got my APU1 and LC-1 working correctly. Can someone please point me toward what fields or tables will help me adjust my a/f ratio?

Thanks,

R.S.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

depends, are you talking at WOT or closed loop? and what mask?
Rally Smith

Post by Rally Smith »

Not WOT....yet.
Mask is 0D.
Both, Open and Closed Loop.

Thanks,

R.S.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

depending on the exact XDF you're using, you'll see these tables, in some wording or another. these are the ones you will use the most anyway, there may be another table or two and a few constants related to it as well.

Main Fuel Table Off Idle
Main Fuel Table Near Idle
WOT AFR vs RPM
Open Loop AFR vs Coolant Temp vs Vacuum

now, you'll need to get the main fuel tables correct, then you can mess with the other things, since they are based off of the main tables. if they're wrong, then you can bet when the ECM is operating off of the other tables, it won't be runnning the way you want it to.
Rally Smith

Post by Rally Smith »

Great thanks. I have tried making some changes but after I do and try to save it, I get a "Could not write to change log file". What does that mean and what do I have to do in order to save the changes I make. I'm having the same problem with changing my Mask and Checksum ID. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do as well?

Thanks,

R.S.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

the change log just tracks what you have changed... it shouldn't prevent the actual file from being saved though.
Rally Smith

Post by Rally Smith »

I'm running the $0Dv175 XDF file. I do not see the Tables that you show me above. Would you mind helping me find the tables that I have in my XDF file that are the same as the ones you said?

Thanks,

R.S.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

it would probably be easier for me to send you the XDF i have through e-mail...
Rally Smith

Post by Rally Smith »

But it's my XDF File that I need help with. P.M. me your email address and I will send you my file, if you are interested.