Still dont understand how to get wideband intergrated

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

hyper24

Still dont understand how to get wideband intergrated

Post by hyper24 »

Im trying to understand how one gets the wideband O2 signal on the same graphs RPM, TPS etc...

If i go out and buy a bosch wideband for say $70 it has all these outputs, Now i can hack a BIN file and hook up one of these straight to the ecu correct?

How do you go about it normally? does this hook straight into the laptop somehow and then you use something like efi live to log this and the info from the ALDL port?
drumer919

Post by drumer919 »

Where can you get a wideband for $70, are you talking just the sensor? Cause you need the controller too.

What you do is hook the analog output of the wideband up to one of the PCM's un-used 5v inputs, I used my linear ERG position input. Then you need to change the ads file to display the data in usable units, you can find the formula you need once you have a wideband as they are different from brand to brand.
Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
95 S10 ecsb, 350, 9.5:1, ported Vortec heads, Crane(.484/.512 272/284 112LSA), OBD2 L31 intake, Hooker LT's, 2.5"ORY, Flowmaster 40, 4L60E, 8.8 posi w/ 3.73's, WBO2, '7427 PCM running in PFI mode, $OD.
hyper24

Post by hyper24 »

Ok thats what I dont understand, why do you need a controller for a wideband when you dont for a narrow band?
So I take it, that its impossible to hook a wideband directly upto anything? you will always need a cnotroller correct?
This is where ive been confused, so the wideband wont output 0-5V the controller will?

What does the output of a wideband look like?
moon_walk

Post by moon_walk »

i would suggest reading this site..

http://www.wbo2.com/lsu/lsuworks.htm

that will give you an understanding on why wideband lambda needs a controller
Driving Volvo 960 2.8l Twinturbo
proud owner of ostrich 2 and tunerpro RT