$99 16146299

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

mikey82860

$99 16146299

Post by mikey82860 »

I am having a problem and have probably spent too much time reading all day! 92GMC with 16146299 mask $99. I cannot find an ADS file for this so I can datalog. With that do I also need an XDF and BIN file? Or is that just the data on the chip and needed if modifying? If so is it possible to download the existing data on the chip and work from there? Its already a modified chip but does not work properly in all areas. Thanks
starrd

Post by starrd »

go here:
http://www.moates.net/info_pages.php?pages_id=14

then log in as per instructions, then downlaod the $99 zip file in section 5 - "Source Code and Hacks"
Open the .SRC file in notepad and search for ALDL. In the disassembly all the info is there to create a ADS file and an ADX file. There is also a binary that you can load as well. Once you get the 2 files built, you can read your eprom and tune away. I'm not sure but I think the eprom is a 2732 which requires an eprom eraser to re-program, or you can use a "stacked" eprom that is electically eraseable like an AT29C256 with an adapter. Either way you will need an eprom burner to program it. Yes, you can read your existing tuned eprom and modify it.

I started with a $A0 ECU - and this is very similar. Any more questions, message me and I'll try to help jump start you with all this.

... did some work on this tonight - it is very much like the $A0 definition. I have one partially done(XDF)
Last edited by starrd on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mikey82860

Post by mikey82860 »

Well I got as far as opening it with notepad. There are 2 src files, one small and one large. After opening I am at a loss. I am very new to OBD1 programming.
starrd

Post by starrd »

mikey82860 wrote:Well I got as far as opening it with notepad. There are 2 src files, one small and one large. After opening I am at a loss. I am very new to OBD1 programming.
PM me and I'll help
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

I have been following this post and got as far as the last guy. I opened the SRC file (AWLC_ALL) file and found the "Diagnostics ALDL" section. My question is, where do i go from here? I have to creat a ADS file, right?