Anyone have information on tuneing Motronic 1.0 for 88 M5?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Klrskies

Anyone have information on tuneing Motronic 1.0 for 88 M5?

Post by Klrskies »

Greetings to all,

Hi, I'm Ken, pleasure to be here!
I have Motronic 1.0 in my 88 e28 M5 and wondered if it were possible to edit it's eprom with Tuner pro? I have a Willem eprom burner that I have used to extract edit and write bin files for a Honda ecu with an editor, but thats about as far as I've been regarding edditing. I can get the bin file from a DME 173, which I'd also like to edit, and a eprom from an BMW M30 w/automatic trans, but without an editor, I don't have the knowledge to do anything with the code. I have built a Megasquirt Atandalone management computer, and tested it with the stimulator, but it doesn't have spark control...and I would prefer keeping the BMW's DME intact. MAybe an external socket to make swapping eproms easier would be good. I wish I knew more about edditing my DME's. If anyone can offer me some guideance, it would be a great help. Thank you.

regards,
Ken
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

0 261 200 055

should be your ECU number. Because of the rarity of that car there is not much support, maybe in future I will autor one xdf