HELP - $11 ADS ALDL File - 16176424 Holden VR (AutoV6&V8

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

ptal

HELP - $11 ADS ALDL File - 16176424 Holden VR (AutoV6&V8

Post by ptal »

This file eludes me. Has anyone got anything usable for their VR Auto in ALDL? I am totally lost without it.

HELP!!!
:?
I don't want to have to rewire the engine harness again (VP to VR was hard enough and I even went and bought a VR auto transmission which sort of limits that idea).
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I haven't been successful in hunting one down either, and there have been a few requests.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ptal

Post by ptal »

:o
Seems I may have overlooked the ALDL ADS file for the Manual Transmission ECM just because it is a totally different ECM ($12 - 16183082) with totally different wiring. After confirming the 16183082 ADS with another program, the following seems to be true; :lol:

:D
The ADS file for the 16176424 is the same as the ADS for the 16183082.

I have made a few updates to the original file off Craig Moates website for extra sensors and sensors with the wrong Byte Number & am going to test it out today.

I'll send you a copy Mark so you can post it on your site
8)

I have both the $11 ecu file and the ADS file for the 16176424 if you would like them both for your site.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes, please!

Cheers!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
adrian

Post by adrian »

[quote="ptal]
I have both the $11 ecu file and the ADS file for the 16176424 if you would like them both for your site.[/quote]

:!: :!:
If you use the $11 XDF you need to keep in mind that there were 5 different versions of the $11 mask.
It seems they occasionaly added a few parameters when needed and unfortunately they wern't put at the end of the cal area but randomly sprinkled throughout the calibration tables.
So consequently there needs to be 5 differemt XDFs.
To my knowlwdge the BCC to software versions were as follows
Type A, BCKC
Type B, BFFL, BFFK, BJKT, BKCZ, BHNF, BHND, BJMF, BKDA, BFPL
Type C, BLCB, BLCH, BLCC, BLCJ, BNLJ
Type D, BMZA, BMZB, BMZC, BMZD, BMZF
Type E, BPLY, BPLZ, BPMA, BPMB, BPMC, BPMN, CAKF, CAKH
There were a couple more BTXM & BTXN but I'm not sure on them.
I'm not sure what the ECU / XDF floating around suits but I think it might be the B version.
jt1973

Post by jt1973 »

i have a vr calais memcal 94 wich had a knock sensor on the engine but i have changed it to a v8 and need the clubsport 185 kilowatt memcal or hex files and info on how to redo the memcal i can read my memcal and upload the info if someone can help me figure out wich eprom reader writer to buy there are several on ebay.com.au and some help with the file from a 185 to put back on my memcal so that i can start my v8 up would be great
jacomms

Post by jacomms »

I will upload 1 over the weekend....let me know how you go

Juz!
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

did anyone have any luck with making the 16176424 ads file ?
ptal

Post by ptal »

Yeah,

I just got the ALDL (ads file) for the VR Auto working - it should work on a Manual as well.

I'm working on $11 XDF as well but can't confirm it yet. I've tested it on BMZC & BMZF and they match well (This would make it a Version D XDF and Craig Moates has Binaries for this version on his site)

Craig Moates has one $11 ecu file on his site but I'm not sure which this is.
It is what I based the Version D on but everything from 8000h on is out by 1 Byte. This XDF corrects the problem.