user-definable radio button and/or drop-down lists?

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

blackhole

user-definable radio button and/or drop-down lists?

Post by blackhole »

Would it be possible to implement user-definable radio buttons and/or drop-down lists? There a number of instances where defining an ecu element requires specific code changes to multiple locations. Being able to implement those changes with one button or a drop-down list of choices would be very helpful. Even basic programmable macros would help.

For example, a mass-air flow sensor change can require up to 12 TunerPro constant and table changes which is very laborious and subject to errors. A definable drop-down list with all of those code changes for the major MAFs used would make life much easier.

This is easy intuitively, but I don't know how hard it is to implement. Thanks for the space and the great software.
Kyle "BlackHole"
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Kyle -

Thanks for joining another forum (I know how its a pain to be a member of so many). I'm awaiting approval on my membership to DSM, then I can join your discussions there (you guys are the first Dodge users I know about).

In the TunerPro 4.X series, (4.0 should is soon to be released - first of the year or perhaps the end of this year), I plan to put in a patch system with which you can define pre-made patches that make changes to as many parts of the bin as you desire. With your suggestion, I'll implement a way to use patches as "presets" such that you can define a bunch of patches for each MAF (or whatever) change that is common.

Is this what you're looking for?

Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
blackhole

Post by blackhole »

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. Welcome shortly to our little corner of the world.

Patches as you have them defined would be wonderful. I look forwards to the 4.x release! TunerPro with a complete, patched defined and documented DSM .ecu file + Moates' Ostrich will be a tremendous benefit to our little community.[/quote]
Kyle "BlackHole"