$42 xdf

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

HvyJet

$42 xdf

Post by HvyJet »

First post here after hours and hours of reading...you know what it was like.
Well I have been trying to download the $42 .xdf so i can get started with a bin i have but no soap.
I went to Moates Fileman list but when you click on his .xdf files the file
comes up as a text file. No option to right click and save as target to
download either.
so what do i do?
Thanks a bunch. I m sure if i pass this hurdle you will hear from me
again.
Barney
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

It should let you download using 'Save As' (browser security settings maybe?) but since you are having problems have you tried the one from here www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I also have one, where I've sorted out the variables and scalers into proper (as far as I can tell) catagories.

http://domestic.3400z24.com/sixshooter/ ... nesort.xdf

(Right click, save as)
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Dex
I switched from firefox to I E and the right click save target as -was available now. I downloaded both of them. Now one of them is a .ads and the one i want is an .ecu file.
I found the options in Tuner rt to check the file associations options including .ecu under Tools, Preferences, File Associations. After checking those how do I change it or use it as a Mask-.xdf file?

SixShooter
Thanks for the reply and the file. Now yours is what I expected...download a file and it opens in the Tuner RT...but when i opened it i got a warning flag "mismatched ads and xdf file"

Even though I m going to have a steep learning curve programming a chip I did not expect such a problem just getting up and running.
Thanks a bunch for all the help and i m sure the light will come on at some point.
Barney
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Under the xdf drop down menu there is an item called Import, use this to open the .ecu and then you can save it as a .xdf.
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Dex
You are the TunerPro Man....Thanks.
One more question ....
i dont think the VSS switch is on because when data logging in WinALDL there is not vss values other than 0---it does read MPH though.
Can you tell me what the Name/Category I go to in order to check if it is activated or not? I ve read every category and have no idea which one it might be.
Thanks again
Barney
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I cannot help on that one, hopefully someone who knows will respond :)
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Thanks Dex..
hopefully someone will chime in.
Barney
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Check your VSS. There isn't a way to turn that on and off. If you're not seeing speed values when datalogging, but everything else is fine you most likely have a failed VSS, or DRAC/4-out buffer module.
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Shooter
Oh jeez....I ll check the connection and ring the wires for continuity.

What would a DRAC/4-out buffer module be by chance?

Thanks Six
Barney
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Shooter
I ll be more exact on this VSS problem because I may be giving the wrong Info.
Under this heading in WinALDL MW2:Vss Pulse Occured all of the values are 0---goose egg.
Under this heading ::SENSOR:SPEED...again 0
Under this heading:Raw MPH....0
But I have SPEED readout on the DASH view.
Thanks again
Barney
HvyJet

Update

Post by HvyJet »

I pulled the VSS off the car and bench checked it.....turned low RPM with a drill and measured Resistance across the unit...checked ok
Next , rang wires from Wx pack connection to ECU and Grd...checked good.
Removed VSS pin from A10 position on ECU and reseated said pin. Ops checks good on WinALDL.

Now...would someone take a look at a Win ALDL run with this unit and give me an opinion of how she looks?

Thanks everybody and have a good weekend.
Barney
HvyJet

Post by HvyJet »

Wow ...over a hundred views and no help...
Good thing I did nt t buy this program.
So long folks
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

HvyJet wrote:Wow ...over a hundred views and no help...
Good thing I did nt t buy this program.
So long folks

You're asking about a program that is not Tuner Pro, and expect help with it on a site dedicated strictly to Tuner Pro?

Have you tried datalogging with Tuner Pro?

Also the DIY tuning community is not like other more mainstream communities, a lot of people will be looking in threads because they may have similar issues and want to find an answer. Honestly there are more people on the beginner end of the tuning stick, than the experianced end.

Also in those "100 views and no help" I along with Dex did try to help you with your problem giving suggestions, but I guess that's not enough. Image There is a lot of discovery to do on your own with this stuff, I learn something new almost everytime I connect my laptop to my car, or read a new thread on this stuff. A lot of this is trial and error, so before you act like other people owe you something step back and think that maybe, just maybe there are other people in your shoes, that don't have the answers.
aaron

Six_Shooter .ADS ??

Post by aaron »

Six_Shooter
You were kind enough to share your sorted XDF file.
(Thank you very MUCH !)

Would you also be kind enough to share your matching ADS file?
1227747_42KS_TPSPercoolF.ads
sldhd7

Post by sldhd7 »

was there an .ads file made for six shooters .xdf file?