Freeze panes

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Robin Handley

Freeze panes

Post by Robin Handley »

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think that it would be really helpful if the table row and column labels did not scroll out of view. (See Winbin for what I mean)

When working in a reduced window (e.g. to compare values with another program - e.g. Excel), it is only possible to see *some* of the table that you're editing. Unfortunately, at the moment, the labels are scrolling off - making it awkward to edit the right cell.

Sorry if I'm bombarding you with suggestions and bugs...

Robin
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

i dont, in fact, understand what you mean. when viewing in a reduced window, there is no other solution than to use scrollbars. period! you'll you notice that winbin does this too.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

ah, i see what you mean now ... you're asking to make it so that the axis labels themselves do not scroll out of view ...

i'd have to modify the grid control code, but it might be doable.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

hehe, actually, I already have this implemented. The problem you describe is a result of the table itself scrolling out of the *workspace* area, in which case there is nothing I can do.

The solution is to offer the ability to resize the table editor itself, which would in-turn resize the table grid and the grid itself would have its own scroll bars (a la winbin) ... and only *then*, when you scroll, would the axis labels remain.

however, allowing one to resize the table editor window itself as well as allowing the workspace to be scrollable is awefully redundant.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Robin Handley

Post by Robin Handley »

You have certainly implemented a lot of resizing. And to add another layer probably does seem like redundancy, but that does not detract from the validity of the user requirement to be able to see the row and column labels irrespective of the section of the table being viewed. This is why I called the subject 'freeze panes' - after the Excel feature. It really is a major ease-of-use issue.

Robin