tunerpro works, scannerpro dont

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

The_Punisher454

tunerpro works, scannerpro dont

Post by The_Punisher454 »

I am currently working with an $83A mask on a 91 S-10. using the $83A ads file from the moates website works fine in tunerpro, but when I convert that definition file to an ADX it is tempermental about connecting and then when it does the data is crap!
I've been messing with this for two days and cant figure out what the problem is.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I don't think th eimport feature of Scanner Pro works, or at least not the way you would expect.

You really need to start from scratch to get a good Scanner Pro definition.
The_Punisher454

okay, I may have fixed it myself. I replayed a 30 minute drive log and started adjusting the packet offset on the vehicle speed value untill it matched reality. which was to add 4 to what it was before. I offset the rest of the values and they all seem okay now too. I thought that was taken care of by the packet offset setting in the command setup? oh well it works now.
The_Punisher454

no, the import works, in a way. It allowed me to get the right checksum value in the mode1 command. and it gives you all the aldl values from the ADS file.
You have to import the ADS, save the ADX, and then load the saved ADX in order to even see any values in the editor. I dismissed the import feature for a long time because I thought it was totaly broke, since the editor stayed blank after "importing".