No Data Displayed In Sensor Data or Bit Data ????

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

VetNutJim

No Data Displayed In Sensor Data or Bit Data ????

Post by VetNutJim »

TunerPro RT Version 3.07
TunerPro RT Datastream Definition - 10/7/03

Connected using the 127730 Datastream Definition File.

Connection seemed ok. Could see the TPS Voltage I selected displayed on the Monitor.
Saved data to file.

Got NO Sensor Data or Bit Data displayed during the session or afterwards during playback.
TPS Voltage was displayed in the monitor during playback but still no Sensor or Bit Data.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
VetNutJim

Post by VetNutJim »

Well, this is aboutthe most UNRESPONSIVE bunch I've ever encountered.

Since it's OBVIOUS NO ONE KNOWS the answer to this and sinve I have since found out on my own, I'LL post the answer for everybody else here.

This program REQUIRES a copy of "RICHED20.DLL" .
This file is NOT installed when you install TunerPro (can this be patched?)
Download the file form this site and UNZIP it to YOUR TunerPro installed directory.
If you don't remember where the program was installed, do a file search for 'TunerPro.Exe'.
Extrach the RichEd20.DLL file to the directory in which you find TunerPro.Exe.

That's it. You don't have to register the DLL on your computer or anything.
Afterwards, your Sensor Data and Bit Data in the ALDL section will work properly.

Is ANYBody Out There?????
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You're kidding, right? You waited 8 whole hours for a reply and got upset that no one replied in that time? Theres all of 120 members of this forum. Not 30000 like TGO my friend.

Patience is essential in this hobby.

Glad you found what you needed.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
VetNutJim

Post by VetNutJim »

Not upset. Dissapointed. . . maybe.
Obviously, my expectatations were MUCH higher than reality would have dictated.
I thought other folks were as interested in this as much as I am. :?
My mistake.
Not trying to be a D$$K or anything but I honestly thought folks would be ALL OVER this forum.... Actually that's a compliment......

It would be very handy if there were a FAQ or something published describing the symptoms or results of NOT having the DLL in the program executable directory.
Then, impatient dummys like me won't spend hours trying to figure out what 'they' did 'wrong' , or what's wrong with their cable, or what's wrong with their computer, etc when the data isn't displayed.
That's in 98 degree heat, 100% humidity, sitting in the vehicle with perspiration running into the eyes. :)

I do admit to not reading the 'readme' file, however, so if the info was in there, please accept my most humble apology for the above statement. :)
I did look through all the post and didn't find a conclusive answer.

Anyway, I posted the answer here so if anyone happens to experience the same thing they will know what to do to fix it.

I started with the ALDL part of the program since that's what I've been doing a lot of recently. Been using DataMaster.
The parts I've looked at so far look great.
This program has the potential to be the best thing since sliced bread.
Particulary because it offers sort of a 'one stop' deal where you can do all those things it takes three (or more) different/diverse/unrelated to each other programs to do now.
It's a LOT easier to learn to use ONE program rather than three so this is going to work out GREAT.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

1) There is a faq. Go to the main site, under support, click FAQ. Your question/answer is specifically right here:

http://www.supportfitness.com/mark/tunerpro/FAQ.htm#T3

I also put a note in the download app section (where you found the answer).

I also put a note in the readme.

Seems like I've done about everything in my power to make sure the answer is easily found when this comes up. Not sure why you had so much trouble.

BTW - there are also at least two (2) threads over at TGO DIY-PROM outlining this exact issue and its solution.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble. In the future, feel free to email me directly if you need a fast answer.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
VetNutJim

Post by VetNutJim »

Thanks Mangus,
I knew it was something I wasn't doing right.
Haven't had a chance to try again.. will soon though.
It's all working good now.

S-U-P-E-R Program!!
My Prediction: This thing is going to make you a LOT of dough!!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for the kind words. As far the dough - there's no way. Enough to offset the cost of books and beer/soda and I'm happy. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am