Anyone worked with the DME 3.3 for the BMW B60M40 (4l V8)

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

puggie

Anyone worked with the DME 3.3 for the BMW B60M40 (4l V8)

Post by puggie »

Looking for some info for tweeking the OEM ecu on my 5series bimmer. I'm really only bothered about adjusting the fuel and ignition tables although the more I have to play with the better. My plan is basic breathing mods to the car (it has a good exhaust system) I would like to build a better inlet manifold, possibly a separate TB and plenum per bank and tweek the fueling and ignition to suit.

So this is all new to me although I can drive a rolling road and have mapped using Motec, ViPec and Hondata S300 so the tuning bit is fine, its only the BMW bit that is new to me.

Thanks

Bill.
bmwconnect

Re: Anyone worked with the DME 3.3 for the BMW B60M40 (4l V8

Post by bmwconnect »

puggie wrote:Looking for some info for tweeking the OEM ecu on my 5series bimmer. I'm really only bothered about adjusting the fuel and ignition tables although the more I have to play with the better. My plan is basic breathing mods to the car (it has a good exhaust system) I would like to build a better inlet manifold, possibly a separate TB and plenum per bank and tweek the fueling and ignition to suit.

So this is all new to me although I can drive a rolling road and have mapped using Motec, ViPec and Hondata S300 so the tuning bit is fine, its only the BMW bit that is new to me.

Thanks

Bill.
I have tuned this motor, but I have not made a XDF for it yet

contact me directly via email for details & price for files

Thank you