Long-time e36 guy, new to 413 tuning.

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

thedean

Long-time e36 guy, new to 413 tuning.

Post by thedean »

Hi guys I have owned a few BMW's my last one being a turbo e30 on full standalone and my current one being a OBD1 413 ECU converted s52 e36.

With my e30 I converted to standalone and loved being able to tune my car myself.

I would love to be able to use the stock 413 ecu to tune my e36 for its current modifications and for my upcoming turbo build.

I am new to tunerpro and am learning how to understand hex. I have PMed a couple of guys in this section who I thought know the 413 system pretty well and understand how to find the maps and create XDF files already.

I am basically just looking for help on how to understand and figure out the axis units for some of the fuel, MAF, and ignition tables

I am new to hex and am wondering if you could start me off on the right track on how to learn about find the map locations and what the axis units are for some of the maps. I have a bin I'm working on but have some questions like:

For example are all the fuel maps in Target AFR? Is their no VE based or pulsewidth based base map? Are the part throttle maps based on TPS sensor position? Also for example the MAF table, what unit conversion is the airflow in and what are the axis units?

If you do not wish to disclose what you know that's no problem. How much do you charge for your OBD1 413 turbo tunes?

Could I perhaps send you a bin and then you could make me a xdf or tell me how to get started? Also, what hexeditor do you use?

I look forward to learning more about the 413 and tuning my BMW!

Thanks,

Michon
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

in my XDF, you got to change file size from FFFF to 10000 in order for ostrich2 to work properly.
thedean

Post by thedean »

Where can I find your XDF with a know working BIN for it?
bmwconnect

Re: Long-time e36 guy, new to 413 tuning.

Post by bmwconnect »

thedean wrote:Hi guys I have owned a few BMW's my last one being a turbo e30 on full standalone and my current one being a OBD1 413 ECU converted s52 e36.

With my e30 I converted to standalone and loved being able to tune my car myself.

I would love to be able to use the stock 413 ecu to tune my e36 for its current modifications and for my upcoming turbo build.

I am new to tunerpro and am learning how to understand hex. I have PMed a couple of guys in this section who I thought know the 413 system pretty well and understand how to find the maps and create XDF files already.

I am basically just looking for help on how to understand and figure out the axis units for some of the fuel, MAF, and ignition tables

I am new to hex and am wondering if you could start me off on the right track on how to learn about find the map locations and what the axis units are for some of the maps. I have a bin I'm working on but have some questions like:

For example are all the fuel maps in Target AFR? Is their no VE based or pulsewidth based base map? Are the part throttle maps based on TPS sensor position? Also for example the MAF table, what unit conversion is the airflow in and what are the axis units?

If you do not wish to disclose what you know that's no problem. How much do you charge for your OBD1 413 turbo tunes?

Could I perhaps send you a bin and then you could make me a xdf or tell me how to get started? Also, what hexeditor do you use?

I look forward to learning more about the 413 and tuning my BMW!

Thanks,

Michon
I have done several turbo and supercharger tunes for the 413 DME - What size of MAF are you running? What Injectors? shoot me a email and I can help you get started with a base tune - midnight-tuning@rogers.com

cheers
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I have done several turbo and supercharger tunes for the 413 DME - What size of MAF are you running? What Injectors? shoot me a email and I can help you get started with a base tune
Warning! this guy hasn't made a single XDF and uses my own free XDFs to make money on people.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

revlimit wrote:

Warning! this guy hasn't made a single XDF and uses my own free XDFs to make money on people.
People come to me when they want XDFs done correctly and my time spent on doing them correctly is not for free ;) I also have paper damos for early bosch dme's so my xdf authoring/maps are not a guess like your work ;)

thanks for coming out though revlimit
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

oh, done correctly like the customer with the M42 and 175 ECU here:
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread ... 22&page=68

i seem to recall having to re-do basically every map in that XDF u sold him.. owned :lol:
EthosMotorsports
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

DmcL wrote:oh, done correctly like the customer with the M42 and 175 ECU here:
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread ... 22&page=68

i seem to recall having to re-do basically every map in that XDF u sold him.. owned :lol:
Ah! I see the memo fairy has visited us again.
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

dude, its simple..

1 - stop pretending u know everything and never make mistakes.

2 - dont abandon customers after they buy something just because they are a pain in ur backside.

3 - dont sell crap files.. if ur going to sell something made by someone else atleast change some stuff and make sure whats in there is correct first ffs.

4 - dont plaster ur business all over every forum ur on without supporting/sponsoring the forum. would u allow someone to do that on ur forum?

5 - enjoy life/tuning and notice how people stop bashing on u all the time and maybe even start recommending u.
EthosMotorsports
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

DMCL even if this fraud had some paper DAMOS files for our obd1 bmws he wouldn't know how to decode them.
DAMOS paper files are in german and are coded, even if you knew german, you wouldn't know. Only if you were into ECUs and you were from Bavaria that you would understand what the letters mean.

I have the full DAMOS file for Siemens MS43 and I still can't figure it out.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

I see you've both set aside this special time to humiliate yourselfs in public

Good JOB Guys
gavin

Post by gavin »

bmwconnect wrote:
revlimit wrote:

People come to me when they want XDFs done correctly and my time spent on doing them correctly is not for free ;) I also have paper damos for early bosch dme's so my xdf authoring/maps are not a guess like your work ;)

thanks for coming out though revlimit

This Guy wanted from me 50$ for repairing the XDF for my 402,saying that rev limiter's xdf was wrong,now i know that all i needed to do,was to drop all the values in lambda adaptation to 0, not a lot of work for 50$
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

Gavin i did repair the rev limiter for that particular ecu, nd i posted the formula.
so i guess the rev limiter is corrected.
gavin

Post by gavin »

Yes you did,and it is a very god job.but the revlimiter adres was correct,and it was for free