Getting started 93-325IS

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Customs

Getting started 93-325IS

Post by Customs »

I have a 93 325IS I recently purchased, the car was tuned for e85 using tuner pro RT and ostrich 2.0, My question is, what do I need to do to set up tunerpro's software, and what do I need to know to edit tables etc. I come from the world of HP tuners, which is WAY different from this software. A getting started writeup, with the proper files and configs etc would be nice.

Thanks

Anthony
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

First of all my friend you need to get the Ostrich or if you have an eprom reader it will do the job, next you will have to download and install the tuner pro software from the download section ( http://tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm ), next read the eprom in your ECU using 1 of the mentioned options.

after doing that go again to the download section ( http://tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm ) and look if you find the XDF ( definition ) file suitable for the hardware and software of the ECU you got in your hands. If you find it that means you are 50% done and you are ready to begin tuning, if not send me the eprom dump to my email so i can create an XDF file for you.

lets start with this now, and continue step by step.

good luck
Customs

Post by Customs »

I have tunerpro RT and ostrich 2.0 as well as a burn 2 I also have the proper xdf files and bin. For some reason when I burn the bin that was on my ostrich, the car runs, however I have a bin on my hd that when burned the car won't register it, but I can put it on the ostrich and car runs fine... Where am I screwing up? The chip orientation and addressing are correct.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

what is the color of the ecu label ( the label on the ECU that has the Bosch part number ).

what is the ecu number ?
are u using a 256 or 512 chip ?
read the chip that you burned and wont start the car and send it to me.

do you have msn ?
Customs

Post by Customs »

It is a silver label 413, and has a custom xdf built for it. I have an SST 27sf512 that I am using to flash, and yes I am erasing the chip any time I do a burn.
Customs

Post by Customs »

I also run into a problem, the car was tuned on E85 and when you are full throttle at about 5.5k rpm, the car goes very lean kind of like fuel cut... It's very odd. Any ideas on what could be causing that?
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

Please download the 413Silver bin and xdf from the download section and use it with the related xdf file, because it may seem like same software number and hardware but Checksums are diferent .

burn it to the chip and start the car, if it starts do you have a checksum problem we can fix that.

try it and reply
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

in XDFs that take 64kb file, you need to change file size from FFFF to 10000 or else tunerpro won't load it properly into emulator