Can tunerpro change every operating paremeter?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

nitrorocket

Can tunerpro change every operating paremeter?

Post by nitrorocket »

I am looking at purchasing tunerpro possibly. Can this unit allow me to adjust injector timing and dwell, and also spark timing and dwell? Would I be able to rescale the afr/maf/map/fuel tables for a boosted application?

Can it adjust body and chassis control things like electronic ride height for the air suspension? Shift points? Shift pressures? Etc?

Would love to know its capabilities...

This is for a 2005 4.8IS bmw X5.

Thanks for any help
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

In fact my friend, tuner pro is only a way of translating the binary language contained inside the e-prom into something you can understand and it shows you the maps locations. So if you are working with the engine ECU you may be able to alter any map contained in the memory of that ECU.

2nd thing before you can change anything it is very important that you possess the definition file ( XDF file ) for that specific ECU you are working with.

XDFs are definition files created by the hard work and so many hours of research done by many members of this community.

So about capabilities !!! yes it is capable of doing anything if you can get your hands on the appropriate definition files.
nitrorocket

Post by nitrorocket »

I guess there inlies the problem, I did a search for ME9 on here and ther is nothing. So can I assume there is no binary?

Does this unit allow adjustments to the engine and body controls? For example, on the engine side, can I delete the rear O2 pids, and adjust engine timing. And on the body or chassis side, can I adjust the factory set ride height with the air ride suspension and things like headlight leveling adjustments or transmission shift point changes?

Thanks for your help! I find it extremely difficult to dig up information on tunin g capabilities on the BMW ME9 X5 4.8IS ECM.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

nitrorocket wrote:I guess there inlies the problem, I did a search for ME9 on here and ther is nothing. So can I assume there is no binary?

Does this unit allow adjustments to the engine and body controls? For example, on the engine side, can I delete the rear O2 pids, and adjust engine timing. And on the body or chassis side, can I adjust the factory set ride height with the air ride suspension and things like headlight leveling adjustments or transmission shift point changes?

Thanks for your help! I find it extremely difficult to dig up information on tunin g capabilities on the BMW ME9 X5 4.8IS ECM.
ME9 is one of the more complicated DME's with a 16Bit processor/Data
To delete the rear O2 Sensors you will need to disassemble the binary or find a D@mos - ME9 also uses complicated checksum algorithms witch tunerpro cannot be setup as of yet to make the proper corrections

good luck sir!