Problem - Bosch XDFs

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Brian Shor

Problem - Bosch XDFs

Post by Brian Shor »

I have been looking at quite a few XDFs for the Bosch ECUs for various BMW and the problem I found is with the Fuel Retard AFR conversion tables the formula is 1(x/128)*14.7, I'm expecting it to be 1/(x/128)*14.7. I had to make the change for tuning my E36 M3 so look into it if you are using any of these XDFs.
Thanks
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

Thanks!
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

There is no problem with XDFs. I know they are not %100 finished or complete thats because these is no open source for These ecus. So you got to work with what you have.

As for 128 dec values, it is hard to translate it to some user friendly display, this is why you should work with raw code only. Even megasquirt can't give you nice user friendly software to tune, you still got to work with raw code, so you can't blame the current XDFs. They are free and you can use them to tune.
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

revlimit wrote: As for 128 dec values, it is hard to translate it to some user friendly display, this is why you should work with raw code only.
x2, u can roughly adjust AFR display in the XDF for whatever ur tuning by using the conversion u mentioned and taking wideband readings and adding/subtracting whatever amount is neccessary to get the AFR display close to actual wideband readings. short of doing that just work in raw code..
EthosMotorsports
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

DmcL wrote:
revlimit wrote: As for 128 dec values, it is hard to translate it to some user friendly display, this is why you should work with raw code only.
x2, u can roughly adjust AFR display in the XDF for whatever ur tuning by using the conversion u mentioned and taking wideband readings and adding/subtracting whatever amount is neccessary to get the AFR display close to actual wideband readings. short of doing that just work in raw code..
Some people are just too stupid to be tuning cars. Some of my XDFs give you even more user friendly translated values than very expensive WinOls. You pay $2K for winols with bosch damos files and you still get to tune raw code only and it only tells you "128=1.0 lambda" thats it! and you pay all that money.
Brian Shor

BMW - XDF - Thanks

Post by Brian Shor »

I must say thanks to the persons involved in putting the Bosch Definitions for the BMW ECUs together. They have been a great help, I had to make only a few adjustments to the xdf to get closer feedback for tuning my E36 M3 on various fuels.
Thanks Again