Motronic 1.3/Ostrich 2.0 software/hardware issue

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Forced_Firebird

Motronic 1.3/Ostrich 2.0 software/hardware issue

Post by Forced_Firebird »

Hello, I see a lot of familiar screen names here, but haven't been here since learning the GM ECM, forgot my loggin info and am now working with BMW ECU's.

Anyways, the last 2 days I have been having a problem with the Ostrich. At first is wasn't tracing, then it wouldn't allow uploads. Did the Demon reset on the unit and now it is allowing a .bin to be written to the Ostrich, but the tracing is lacking.

We are in the middle of tuning our $2011 Grassroots car. It's a 1975 2002 with e30 suspension, subframes and m20 with a t3 turbo, 173 variant DME, m30 AFM. We have used this combination several times but can't figure out the for the life of us what's wrong with the emu.

Battery checks out, checked for cross-talk on the ribbon cables, re-loaded the TP5 software and have even tried to install the newest firmware, but the lap-top is telling me "device not compatible " even though we have an Ostrich 2.090 and are using the 2.090 file.

Has anyone else had this problem before?
Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

Tried several ribbon cables, different ECU's, updated all software, but the way it's acting reminds me of Ostrich1. The "A" button is greyed out, tried on other laptop and PC to no avail. Guess we have to send it in?
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

If it is not software issue so it must be hardware issue, so better to send it in for repair