Switching between instances...Emulation

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

Switching between instances...Emulation

Post by Six_Shooter »

Is there a way to set-up V5, so that I can have two instances open, with different bins, or even code, and switch the emulator control between them?

Tonight on my bench I was testing a certain code with one ECM, it started to show some problems that I couldn't seem to correct by uploading a stock bin to the emulator, so I swapped to a different ECM to test, but had to close the original instance of TP RT V5, before the second instance would recognize the emulator. When I went to switch back to the other ECM and code, I had to do the same, close one instance before the other would recognize the emulator.

The emulator is a Moates Ostrich 2.0 BTW, Firmware: v20.9.0
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Have you tried to "Release Emulation Hardware" (under the "Tools" menu) in one instance and then "Initialize Emulation Hardware" in the other? I'm just guessing this might work.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

dfddfd2 wrote:Have you tried to "Release Emulation Hardware" (under the "Tools" menu) in one instance and then "Initialize Emulation Hardware" in the other? I'm just guessing this might work.
Actually no, I didn't try that, I forgot about that function, because it doesn't have a button in the tool bar. :oops: