Highlight Feature

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

The1

Highlight Feature

Post by The1 »

No biggie but when making xdf's there's sometimes a table or scalar or flag that can't be verified and needs to be tested, it would be nice to be able to highlight it or make the text glow for reference purposes.

Perhaps even be able to have a Legend table so you can have references to different colour highlights. EG: Tuning Spark paraments refer to RED xdf options. Just a few thoughts
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What do you mean by "can't be verified?"
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
The1

Post by The1 »

sometimes when making xdf's i can't be sure that the table, scalar, flag is right and is working, may need a different calc or be in the wrong location, would be handy to be able to highlight this entry or perhaps flag it somehow to identify that it needs fixing. Can hack up a screenshot if you need me to show you.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If you create the base table or scalar, then open it in the workspace, and then open up the item editor (F2), when you hit apply in the item editor, you'll see the data update in the main window.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
The1

Post by The1 »

sorry ive lost you completely, here's an image showing what i mean.

I just want to be able to flag or highlight a scaler or table in the left field, say i highlight all the scalars that im not sure are actually correctly setup so i know i have to fix them, i can then tell people who use my xdf that say all blue coloured ones are not 100% correct so use at your own risk!

Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Ah, I understand now. So, you basically want to be able to associate a color with each XDF item, such that the color shows up in the item list(s), or even in the editor UI?

Sounds like a reasonable idea. Consider it considered.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
The1

Post by The1 »

that's it!! :D thanks in advance