A few suggestions..

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Ken73

A few suggestions..

Post by Ken73 »

First and foremost, I'd like to see a logfile made of each BIN - in otherwords, any change that occurs would be put in a TXT file with the same name as the new BIN along with the filename it was derived from.

So if I opened ANLU-03.BIN and started making changes, the TXT file would look similar to this:

ANLU-03.BIN
(change)
(change)
(change)
(change)

That way all your changes are logged neatly so you can refer back and see exactly what you've changed. (No more forgetting notes or sloppy handwriting, etc!) Let's say you saved it as ANLU-04.BIN, the logfile would be ANLU-04.TXT.

Also, a "mouseover" type help system for the various tables/constants would be a huge help. Just have a field in your edit dialog where you can type a short paragraph about the function, so you remember what it is (and so others can figure out what to use when they use your ECU file.) This way if you forget what a function does exactly, you just mouse over the function in the list, and it will display the "help" dialog. This prevents lengthy help files - and the help file would be within the ECU file so everyone had the same help.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Damn! the automatically change log is a good idea! I've got a number of other things in the queue ahead of this right now, but rest assured I'll work towards something like this!

your second suggestion already exists. select an ECU Item from the list and hit F2 (brings up the item editor) ... input the notes/help in "item comments/help" field.

To view the comments, open the editor for the selected item and press F10. a window will pop up displaying the notes you entered. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

ken, the auto-logging feature you suggested is included in 2.10 and newer. =) thanks for the great idea!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Ken73

Post by Ken73 »

COOL! That will make diagnosing bad changes a lot easier. :D

Thanks!!